Search the forum,

Discuss Pan Connector, Which One? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've recently bought a 70s house and I am currently doing a bit of DIY before I move in.

There is a nasty smell coming from the under stairs toilet and when I looked I could see whatever it was sealing the pan connector isn't doing it's job any longer. I'm not sure what connector I need. I've measured the OD of the pipe going into the ground and that is about 190mm. The pan is the standard 100mm. type. I've attached a couple of pics.
20190224_115827.jpg
20190224_115840.jpg

Depends on the internal size but a bent pan connector should work may need a drain connector if it’s odd

When its all ready as above, my 40 years experience tells that
ONLY get the relevant MultiKwick component none
of the others , these units are far superior and well engineered ..let us know how you get on please ..feed back is good....Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Are you trying to make good and leave existing wc pan in? If so a MKS1 may suffice. If you’re replacing the wc pan, then as Shaun said a bent pan connector (mks2190) and an extension piece, depends internal drain diameter.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll take it apart then and see what's lurking beneath the yucky stuff.

At the moment I just want to make good the existing install. I will however be putting in a new WC later in the year.

Problem is it might not seal on the ribs in the pan you can try

Yes a straight

View attachment 37332 View attachment 37333 View attachment 37334 View attachment 37335 OK. It took me an hour or so but I managed to remove the concrete without breaking anything (except the concrete :)). ID is 100mm. So if I get a straight pan connector will that suffice for now?

Well done for no damage :D
It should do, but looking at the style an mks1 may fit better, unless you fancy measuring the spigot diameter of the wc pan?

Multikwik WC Connector range

you might not get a multikwic in there, as its temporary , I will
wisper it, plastic bag rolled up tight and rammed down, plumbers mait rammed down and finished off smooth with a wood chisel....centralheatking

you might not get a multikwic in there, as its temporary , I will
wisper it, plastic bag rolled up tight and rammed down, plumbers mait rammed down and finished off smooth with a wood chisel....centralheatking
You blocking it off or sealing around a pan connector with this?

Reply to Pan Connector, Which One? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be connected to the drain hole in the concrete floor. The situation is as follows. The technical drawing of the manufacturer (Armitage Shanks) indicates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock