Search the forum,

Discuss Paid trials of a remote support app for electricians. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

A couple of months ago I posted here about the iPhone/iPad app we have made for technicians, but the post got lost somewhere. Anyway...

We have made an app for generally speaking, technicians. Plumbers, electricians, computer repair guys, appliance repair guys etc. It opens a video (only one sided video, so the customer can't see you) session where the customer can show you what's wrong (error code on alarm panel, boiler, fusebox, whatever) so you can assess what you need to take with you for the job, you can quote them, you can tell them what to do to fix it if you so wish.

Anyway, the app is now out in Appstore. Here's the link:
Remoty - Live Video Support on the App Store

And we would like to get a few of you, fine UK plumbers, to test it.

The conditions are - we pay for every video session of at least 2 minutes held with a new client (I mean it can be an old client, but we pay for 1 session per client). But you need to contact me first, so I can send you an agreement, so you know we are legaly bound to pay you ;).

Thank you for your time.

AHA.
No, we don't have the android version yet.
Yes, we are developing it.
Why iOS first? Yes, many of you have Android phones. But most of your clients will probably have an iPhone. And because there's always more clients, than providers we decided to cater to their needs first.
Don't worry, Android version is coming.

It would be insightful had you actually seen what you seem to be such an expert on. But I'm diverting from the topic.

I am happy to be proven wrong. Come, join the programme and show us where did we go wrong. In 2 months we're introducing the marketplace with clients and jobs *that are solvable using the app*, so we can benefit from your critique.

And you can accumulate good ratings, meaning that when we launch you will be one of the highest ranked technicians, so the clients will be very likely to choose you.

I don't understand your hostility. I mean it's a win-win, right?

Last edited:
It just shows what a quality product you have when you have to bribe people to use it.

However, I digress, it simply won't work in my line of business and I don't need some jumped up little app jockey to tell me different.

Customer phones.
My boilers not working.
Do you have oil.
Yes.
When was your last delivery of fuel.
Last month. Fine.
Today. - They've run out of fuel and it needs a visit to bleed the oil line.
Is the lockout button lit.
Yes.
Have you reset it.
Yes.
Does it make a noise.
Yes it runs but doesn't fire.

I could go on but it's pointless.

I turn up and fix it. Parts are already carried on the van. Unless it's a special order part. Which would need a visit anyway with multi meter and testers to prove it's required.

My toilets overflowing.
Fine.
Turn up and either fit a new diaphragm on the inlet valve or repair syphon/drop valve. If I don' have the required diaphragm it gets a new inlet valve, which I carry in the van.

What is a crappy appy going to do for me.

More likely needed by the 6 week wonders with no experience. But then I struggle to see how.

I do like technology and progression but fail to see what benefit this app could bring as there is already the technology and facility already in use thats free to use

Can’t see this doing anything but is being a free helpline to customers.
But where I could see this working, is on jobs that we have done, ( under warranty)where the customer has a problem that can be done over the phone. That would save us a free visit.
Currently, a phone call and a couple of pics on a phone suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paid trials of a remote support app for electricians. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock