Search the forum,

Discuss Package Sewage Treatment plant maintenance contract. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I’m after some advice/information about the above. Does anyone have one of these or offers this service? What sort of contract do you offer/have. Are call outs charged separately. Does the company charge mileage.
I’m looking at starting to offer this service in the new year and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

P.S Merry Christmas

We have had experience of this type of work. Got involved with installation and maintenance of Bio Bubble, Clargester and sundry hybrids. In my experience installation was best. People and business tend to prefer to forget about things until they break. Then they panic when it stinks, overflows and generally becomes messy. I would buy several pairs of good long gauntlets and install an outside tap by your back door for when you get hone. Are you full qualified in MES ? You might pick up a contract with some rural pubs and hotels/b & b. You will need a good van, carry plenty of spares and NEVER do the work alone, always take a chum along watch out for gas and try not to go swimming . Rob Foster aka centralheatking
And try to get the job done 1st call that’s where the smart money is

Surely it's the call out work that comes first, that gives you the opening to offer the customer the maintenance contract. Just maintenance contracts seems a bit of a narrow offering if you want regular work. (If your eyes wide open to the hazards mentioned above).

Surely it's the call out work that comes first, that gives you the opening to offer the customer the maintenance contract. Just maintenance contracts seems a bit of a narrow offering if you want regular work. (If your eyes wide open to the hazards mentioned above).
I agree call out is good, installation if you have the dosh is better . What’s your background ? I may help you more Rob Foster ...centralheatking I know loads of people with poo problems over he years

Thanks for your replies. I actually do this now and have done for many years through an employer however after many years of not enjoying how the company works I’m taking the plunge to go alone. I’m not trying to take there customers as they have many happy ones but there is enough work around for an extra outfit. After searching the internet for similar companies they all seem to offer different sort of contracts and that’s where I’m not sure if I should off one or just attend call outs when the Rubbish hits the fan.

"Taking the plunge" Haha - Love it!! :rolleyes:
Surely do both (and whatever else you can) to have the broadest possible offering until you find out what your customers actually want. You're experienced in the field, go for it!! (check current contract for "non compete" clause, you might be able to tap up your current employers customers - esp if current employer's not doing things right)

Maintenance Contracts can be a real PITA.
There are too many grey areas where the Customer thinks something is / should be covered and you claim it is not.

If you're just starting out and finding new customers, it might be worth sending them a reminder every 6 months ( or whatever time frame ) to let them know they need their plant serviced.
Let them know your cost for the service, what it includes.
Let them also know that if any repairs / parts are required they will be at an extra cost and the price will be given before any works will be undertaken.

Reply to Package Sewage Treatment plant maintenance contract. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock