Search the forum,

Discuss Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really dont want to under sell or prostitute. I dont want to do someone else out of work either by knowingly undercutting. i want to charge the goung rate for the same service any other plumber would offer.

i desperatly want to work with an experianced plumber to stick some years under my belt but i cant even work for free.

perhaps an oppertunity will arise at some point but until it does i have to do the best i can. its not such a bad thing though as each and every job i get. i research to the best of my ability i take photos even and explain my situation. which customers seem to be ok with.

Its good that your honest.

It wouldnt take long to be found out if i was dishonest rick. And to my mind if your going to be dishonest you need to know alot more than i do lol.

It wouldnt take long to be found out if i was dishonest rick. And to my mind if your going to be dishonest you need to know alot more than i do lol.

Well said but experience comes with time mate.Ive got to go through all this yet,i no if i was given a job i could do it.I dont really want to get involved with replacing boilers.

i really dont want to under sell or prostitute. I dont want to do someone else out of work either by knowingly undercutting. i want to charge the goung rate for the same service any other plumber would offer.

i desperatly want to work with an experianced plumber to stick some years under my belt but i cant even work for free.

perhaps an oppertunity will arise at some point but until it does i have to do the best i can. its not such a bad thing though as each and every job i get. i research to the best of my ability i take photos even and explain my situation. which customers seem to be ok with.

You have to do what it takes to survive, as others do.

The idea of the 'going rate for the job' is notional, because in a competitive market everything is negotiable.

Well said but experience comes with time mate.Ive got to go through all this yet,i no if i was given a job i could do it.I dont really want to get involved with replacing boilers.

What stage you at rick.?

Petercj you have just aqquired a fan lol. i like your posts. common sense all the way.

What stage you at rick.?

I will be in my second year of level 2 in september which will finish at Christmas.Im into minds weather to do level 3.I proberly will do,you do no you dont need Quals to be a plumber anyway but you need the knowledge.I would like the Quals though

Wouldnt we all mate. the education system stinks. got classrooms full of kids that dont give a monkeys yet have all the oppertunities and then older learners like myself who want to knuckle down and learn a trade and they close off all avenues. its a load of ballcocks

R1CKY, I would humble suggest that you have neither knowledge or the experience to make this statement "Plumbing isn't a difficult trade" it is the most difficult of all to practice well. I have seen & worked with most of the trades & can say with some confident's that none come close. Plumbing is not just about pushing a few pipes together it covers such a wide range of disciplines & materials.
I may not have been in the trade as long as some on here (6 years since the age of 18) but I have plenty of experience and knowledge of the trade. Perhaps I didn't word that correctly. What I meant was once some experience, knowledge and confidence has been gained, along with a decent understanding of the trade and a good dose of common sense, everything should fall in to place fairly easily.

40 quid because you never know ,it might turn out bad leaky vavles etc......

£20 is to cheap. For me i dont give a price, unless the job is a decent value i.e a boiler change/new bathroom where you can easily absorb a 1hr setback , I always charge a minimum 1hr and take it from there. Like others have already mentioned on a small job like that, your running on such a tight margin anything goes wrong youre out of pocket. Youre running a business not a charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over charging. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock