Search the forum,

Discuss Outside Tap from CWSC ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JT Plumbing

I have a customer who has her rising main in the kitchen supplying one outside tap to her back garden , dishwasher , kitchen sink tap . The rest of the house is supplied from a standard 227 litre cold water storage cistern .She now wants an extra outside tap in the front of the house to wash her car . In the past I have just run a T from the existing outside tap and run copper pipe at low level round the outside of the house - in this case it is a 3 bed semi .
Basically the lady wants a tap supplied off the cloakroom either from the WC or wash basin . I've explained that the water pressure will not be as good as the other garden tap in the back garden but she only wants to wash the car with it .Maybe I'm going blind but I cant find anything in the water regs to say this should or should'nt be done . Normal precautions like a double check valve to be fitted as standard .

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see it being a problem as long as you have the double check value to protection from back syphonage.

The main problem will be a double check valve. If the pressure is not too good to start with it may not overcome a dc valve.

Mike

My thoughts exactly . The property has a ground floor , first floor and loft area where the CWSC is . I reckon there might be about 6 metres head of water with approximately 0.6 bar pressure as opposed to 2.5 bar from the mains .The lady said she had this done to her previous property so she must know what to expect .
Its an unusual request so I thought I would check if anyone else has had anything similar . I'm going for an old style bib tap (with no Double check) and have a separate double check valve on the inside of the property to prevent cold weather freezing to the valve .
I just hope she will be happy with the end result .

give her this that'll make her happier

WZAJ6DCAFXG545CA7QZKTMCALY00NXCATDE.jpg

What about connecting the cloakroom cold feed from mains, it must go near the mains feed to the CWST. Depends how the pipework is laid out.

The rising main runs up the back of the house from the kitchen into the airing cupboard and into the loft but if I can isolate this branch it could be an option. . I have decided to demonstrate the end result of what she wants but connecting a Hozelock tap connector to her cloakroom tap along with a double check valve to a garden hose .

Go the whole way, isolate the down service to the appliances. and cut the rising main in to the drop , be careful not to cut into the wrong drop though.

In half an hour she can be direct.

Job done . Outside tap is now supplied from the mains and customer is more than happy .
:)

you must of earn well out of that its been a month since you asked.
LOL

Thanks Sonray !!! Job actually completed weeks ago and only took a couple of hours from start to finish . With my low rates I cant afford to hang around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside Tap from CWSC ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock