Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss ORCHARD shower trays. Any Good? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Hi. Been looking at shower trays and found one on Victoria Plumb with very good reviews. Orchard Rectangular stone shower tray up to 1200mm

Anyone on here fitted them?
    I was considering a Eastbrook Volonte tray, but then saw these and I can get money off.

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

If it's from Victoria Plumb or any of the sheds it will be sh!te. Eastbrook or frontline do a job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

What's wrong with Orchard Bathrooms products sold by Victoria Plum? Can you be more specific?
    Victoria Plum sell Mira products and they are a highly recommended manufacturer.
    Ta
    Dean

4. SimonG

B n Q sell Mira. Just because they sell a brand doesn't mean the rest of the cheap Chinese crap isn't sh!te.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Hi. I'm not in any way trying to be awkward, I am simply trying to ascertain whether Orchard are a brand that are reliable. I didnt fully understand your comment that read "Victoria Plumb or any of the sheds it will be sh!te." What do you mean by 'sheds'? Surely you can't tar an entire site because it may sell a small number of poorer quality products? This is why I asked specifically about the manufacturer Orchard, not about the retailer Victoria Plum.
    May I ask, have you had any experience of installing Orchard Bathroom shower trays? If so, can you be a little more specific about the product?
    Many thanks

6. SimonG

Sure you don't work for Victoria Plumb?

7. SimonG

I won't buy from VP, B n Q, Wickes, Homebase or any of the Chinese tat importers. If I'm doing a bathroom for a cust and they procure this crap, then I add on 300 minimum to the job.

It's not only the quality of the product, or lack of, it's about the customer service when things don't go as planned. I find that custs that use the above budget suppliers hit snags when things arrive broken, damaged or not at all. Which again will cost the cust more.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

8. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Now we're getting somewhere. Thank you for contributing something constructive. It is appreciated. Too many times have I made enquires on such sites as these and often just get unhelpful responses or wise cracks. May I ask, from where do you buy products?

9. SimonG

Nope. Unfortunately trade only.

Try a local independent merchants. Might pay slightly more but will get a far superior service.

10. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

mira flight tray top notch

• Like Like x 1
  11. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Thanks Shaun Corns. Unfortunately the Mira have the outlet in the corners, which is not suitable for our present setup.
    Thanks any way. All constructive help is appreciated.