Search the forum,

Discuss on-site assessments for NVQ 2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Confused

Hi, can anyone tell me what the assessments needed for the practical NVQ 2 please?

I have just completed my City and Guilds 6129 which I understood to be the NVQ 2 also (very confusing) and now want to gain the NVQ 2 whereby a City and Guilds qualified assesor will come on-site and hopefully approve my work with photos, portfolio etc.. but I need to know what work needs to be carried out?

I understand that I have up to 6 months to gain this work from the moment of applying for this NVQ and then hopefully can get on to the NVQ 3.

Any help on this would be appreciated,
Confused

Hi The information you ask for will be available to you on signing up or before if you search the web. The performance criteria covers all aspects of measurement, material selection, choose of materials, communication and far more. It will look daunting when first viewed but once you understand the logic and your assessor success is assured. Good Luck

you get up to 5 years to do your nvq don't you?
Unless it varies with which place you pay to do it. Plumbing academy in Kent is 5 years.

The Plumbing Acadamy say you either need to have 5 years experience without any plumbing qualifications or at least the C&G 6129. As I say, I have just completed and passed my C&G 6129 (NVQ 2) and now want to get my C&G 6089 (NVQ 2 on-site) then hopefully can progress to the nvq 3, I cannot get onto this without C&G 6089.

At my college (Stevenage Skills Centre - North Herts) I was to believe that you get up to 6 months to cover x amount of on-site assesments from when you register your intent to do it?

Thanks for your help so far.

I'm guessing you did your 6129 on a fast-track course yeah?

They may suggest you need 5 years experience to do your nvq with no qualifications (not heard that) but they also give you 5 years to complete your nvq. So unless you've got site work lined up waiting for you and think you're up to going straight into being assessed in the workplace i'd avoid doing the nvq with your college if they only give you 6 months.

My college has touted prices of £600 for 4 site visits at 3 hours each, shocking amount, should only cost about £250/300 really, so looking at ways of getting it for £300

hi, ive just completed mine im doing lvl 3 now, by the sounds of it you did the 6129 full time, so now you need the nvq which is onsite.

this normally is 4 or 5 visits, easily done in a year. you normally do a few maintenence, dont worry if you dont do maintenence the college or whatever will blag it for you,

then you choose 2 of either central heating or hot and cold water, a couple or bathroom fits will do the bussiness, that it. very straight forward,

if your still confused write back with some more info.

Hoopey, excellent, thanks mate. I've been asked by a couple of plumbers 'what jobs do you need to be assesed on?' and hadn't been able to find out easily (the lecturers I had at my college have left and they're in a bit of a transitional state at moment so difficutl to to get correct info).

What you're saying is, get registered first to find out what will be acceptable then tell the plumbers if they get these jobs come up let me know so as to inform the assesor. I've searched all manner of websites including City and Guilds and couldn't find anything?

Thanks again Hoopey and all ther best.

yep thats it,

because you can finish your level 2 by just working on hot and cold water twice, anything like kitchen fitting would do, but of course a bathroom, or central heating is the most obvious.

with me i had the accesor come out twice to watch me help with two different bathrooms.

at the same time he took me picture of me changing a tap washer and fiddling with a bath trap. so that was my maintence done .

what i forgot to say in the last post was theres odd bit to do, e.g. using a drill, health and safety but that easy.

glad i could help,

good luck!!!

Hi Hoopey
I passed my 6129 level 2 in July and applied for my NVQ folder and it didn't look as straight forward as that.Is it?
You weren't working on your own then when you were assesssed.

yeah the folder looks huge but there not alot to it.

come the end of it you have to come in and sign all the pages, theres alot of pages the accessor has to write in.

Hi,

It is straight forward, but there is a right way and wrong way.
The folder should not be finished in 2 visits. If it is then there has been some tomfoolery going on. How do i know? i assess them!!

Usually 3 visits, if you have a workplaced recorder (qualified plumber) who can verify some of the work. If not then it could take up to 6 visits, as all the porfolio will need to observed.

If you think you are going to complete this folder for £250 -£300 then good luck as you will have no chance as the business / colleges cant get resources so low.

I run the 6089. you can visit at Welcome to eas mechanical - recognition through certification and contact me for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to on-site assessments for NVQ 2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock