Search the forum,

Discuss OMG these look great! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
some company's i have used in the us don't ship to the uk
Bosch or markita are good

Only the laziest person on earth would buy a cordless copper tube cutter. Or an American.

In fact it reminds me of an episode of grand designs where a yank carpenter was working with a gang of Brits. He remarked that work was slow because they were driving the nails with a hammer and no American would ever dream of going to work without a nail gun. Sounds about right lol.

looks good theres one on ebay can you justify the price tho least it fits different pipe sizes and wil be alot harder to lose than a pipe slice

Just the size/power of the kit that I like - the tube cutter being the one i would use least (unless repiping a house or two!)

I hate lugging big bits of kit around, and these seem ideal for plumbers . . .

Drill, drivers are useless in my mind.

I've often wondered about those digital gas water gauges? They cost about £100 but then have to be calibrated every year at about £50 a time.

A good set of glass gas water gauges cost about £40 but then that is usually it for 50 years.
I also wonder why they still sell those cast washbasin wrench's they never seem to fit.
As for spanners the Conex is good but sometime even that does not fit properly. But its small and handy to get in awkward places.

I must admit spanner wise, beside an adjustable I have a bag of odds and ends I have found useful, mostly from a second hand shop. I would say get good quality ones if you can, King Dick, Bedford, Snap on, Britool or Kamasa. The cheap ones round out to easily.

The Footprints of course are great. Depending of course if your only doing domestic. Its the real Stillson that is the tool for industrial, not the India version.

Hacksaws, well only found the Eclipse old fashioned one stands up to all the throwing around on site and in the bag they seem to get.

Junior hacksaws, nothing much seems outstanding.

Bahco pump gland pliers, great tool.

Stabila levels.

Monument, Hilmor specials or if your wallets full Rothenberg, pipe cutters, bending machines.

What you look for is tough but simple stuff. You can go through tools like wildfire if you buy low specified stuff. Even second hand stuff so long as its a good make is okay.

Go to second hand tool dealers they are often good. But make sure you know the price of new and what the latest style is, so you can bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• makita 6.jpg
    makita 6.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 13
  • makita cut off.jpg
    makita cut off.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 13
  • makita nail.jpg
    makita nail.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 16
One of the best tools I have come across is the double bladed chaseing machine saves a hell of a lot of time, in chopping a chase with an angle grinder, even more if useing a hammer and bolster, its like a circular saw with two blades which can be set for distance apart, like the one on e-bay, link below

eBay.be: RAINUREUSE SPIT D88E (objet 200369377585 Fin: 05-août-09 13:49:44 CEST)

Ridged tools are about the best when it comes to steel fighting, open ended and closed ended spanners, box spanners with one end bent at right angles, and a hole in it to allow the thread to go through, torx, phillips, flat end, and allen screw drivers, and or keys together with adjustable spanners make up most of the kit in France, no footprints though, for cutting a small angle grinder is the favourite tool, or a Sandvic hacksaw, all plumbers vans have a portable? more like luggable generator, and a small oxy/acetylene kit, together with small quantities of sand, cement, plaster, plasterboard adhesive, bench, trowel, broom, dust pan and brush, rubbish sacks, coffee maker

Just the size/power of the kit that I like - the tube cutter being the one i would use least (unless repiping a house or two!)

I hate lugging big bits of kit around, and these seem ideal for plumbers . . .

Drill, drivers are useless in my mind.
i use my makita impact driver all the time the 12 volt one is light and when i bought the twin pack it came with three batteries so always got one ready
i use it for everything boiler casings clipping even on panscrews it one of those tools you have to use all the time till its second nature and you can really controll it
im going in to screwfix tommorrow to get the 14 v twinpack which is great value at 80 quid

Must admit I like Makita have a few things of theirs.

I forgot about Rigid Plouasne, another good make.

Also find unless you pay a fortune Allen keys over here seem to be useless and round off at the least resistance.

A good screwdriver is also getting hard to find. I like the ones with a bulb like round handle.

Must admit I like Makita have a few things of theirs.

I forgot about Rigid Plouasne, another good make.

Also find unless you pay a fortune Allen keys over here seem to be useless and round off at the least resistance.

A good screwdriver is also getting hard to find. I like the ones with a bulb like round handle.

ive got the bahco rachet one with the bits in a cartridge in the handle ive had it a year and its realy handy and handle is big enough to grip also got knurled section on the blade which is great to spin screws out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OMG these look great! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock