Search the forum,

Discuss Old house CH/ hot water design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello, I’m struggling to get headway for a suitable plumbing installation for my house. Most companies just want to put in what they are familiar with, however it’s an old 17th century house and I think it needs a one of design. Are there qualified engineers who can actually design a bespoke heating/ hot water system combining technologies such as ASHP/ solar and solid fuel where necessary? From a plan I’d then want to install where I can a majority of it myself due to challenges with pipe routing etc. Thanks in advance.

hello, I’m struggling to get headway for a suitable plumbing installation for my house. Most companies just want to put in what they are familiar with, however it’s an old 17th century house and I think it needs a one of design. Are there qualified engineers who can actually design a bespoke heating/ hot water system combining technologies such as ASHP/ solar and solid fuel where necessary? From a plan I’d then want to install where I can a majority of it myself due to challenges with pipe routing etc. Thanks in advance.
Sound idea , dealing with old and listed buildings is a very special area...we used to operate in Bath and North East
Somerset and I know the pitfalls....pm me if you like
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Rob Berridge EngTech (@HeatingConsult) on Twitter

Send that lad an email will cost you tho as nothing’s free in this world

Rob is a good friend of mine and frankly I'm miffed you beat me to him Shaun :mad:;)
He has just completed a passive house design qualification too. He works in very close association with Neil Bunning the MD at IMI. Top notch guy & great guitarist :cool::)

If you'd like his details DM me.

Thanks for the help, and yes paying for a design is what I want to do but it’s finding someone with the experience of modern technology and an ancient house, and unfortuneately it’s not somthing I can get from a DIY book which I’ve done before for standard heating systems.

Thanks for the help, and yes paying for a design is what I want to do but it’s finding someone with the experience of modern technology and an ancient house, and unfortuneately it’s not somthing I can get from a DIY book which I’ve done before for standard heating systems.
What area do you live in ?
we can direct you if you wish
chking

2059ED91-DE55-4216-8D20-B615C919B0AB.jpeg
Hello, Norfolk. Cheers
Why dont you put up some plans and piccys in here we can all have a gander and you can
look at the collective wisdom
as a start. Or I can direct you to accredited people whom will design and advise for a fee with me. The attachment is some of the titles I have articles in
regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking

First part rob disagree

View attachment 37950
Why dont you put up some plans and piccys in here we can all have a gander and you can
look at the collective wisdom
as a start. Or I can direct you to accredited people whom will design and advise for a fee with me. The attachment is some of the titles I have articles in
regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Bit old them aren’t they Rob?

Reply to Old house CH/ hot water design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock