Discuss Old glow worm 30 ci combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im reading the manual for this boiler but I don't understand what I need to adhieve for the flue gas anaylser? I know it requires 3.4m3/h on a gas rate test with dhw on full? I'm getting 2.7m3/h.
Also how to i adhieve for low firing on this boiler?

im reading the manual for this boiler but I don't understand what I need to adhieve for the flue gas anaylser? I know it requires 3.4m3/h on a gas rate test with dhw on full? I'm getting 2.7m3/h.
Also how to i adhieve for low firing on this boiler?
Don’t think you can on the old ci or cxi range. Think it is just within normal standards for high, unless it has the potentiometer on the back of pcb specifically for high and low? but I cannot remember off the top of my head and I am not at home to check for you mate. Did you -your 10% for the gas rate that you are allowed to?
Sorry if this is a confusing message.

Yeah it's an old boiler and in the manual there's no word for adjusting from max to min. I don't understand about the 10% ? Thanks for your response.

Gas rate allowance is normally the spot on figure -10% or + 5 % but you are still nowhere near the 3.4 you need

Somebody may correct me on this. (Or in the manual there maybe a figure next to the gas rate box)

It only says 3.4 no tolerances. I got 2.7 but flue gas analyser reading was not too bad. It is a medium operating pressure gas meter.

It only says 3.4 no tolerances. I got 2.7 but flue gas analyser reading was not too bad. It is a medium operating pressure gas meter.

The appliance is undergassed... What was the pressure at meter and appliance? Don't know about the boiler in question but probably a partial blockage?

4 meters of 22mm pipe that's runs up the wall then into gas boiler no other gas appliance. My gas ratio was .0014

4 meters of 22mm pipe that's runs up the wall then into gas boiler no other gas appliance. My gas ratio was .0014
Need pressures. W.P. at meter and at appliance as Sam said.
You need to get in the habit of taking readings.
It will make things a lot more obvious to you when trying to diagnose something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old glow worm 30 ci combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back