Search the forum,

Discuss Old Flow & Return pipes capped off could this be an issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just moved house and while up in the loft I noticed the old 22mm Flow and Retun pipes that fed the old boiler in the loft have been capped off with push-fit stop ends. The new boiler is located in the garage at ground floor level. Please see attached diagram.
IMAG4279.jpg

I suppose at the end of the day it is just like a radiator that's been capped off. My concern was with the capped off ends being higher than the rest of the system and the possibility of an air lock making the system run less efficient. Does anyone think this is an issue? Would it be better to join the Flow and Return pipes in attic? TIA.

TBH it wouldn't harm to put two manual air vents up there

TBH any manual ones will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Flow & Return pipes capped off could this be an issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock