Search the forum,

Discuss oil/oftec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

as i live in wales, once i finish my level 3 i would like to look into oil and lpg, as far as i can gather i have to complete the 101+105e in oil and for the lpg the changeover course conolp1pd? also the res homes and leisure veh would help with me being near coast resorts.

my question is this once these courses are completed what governing bodies do you have to go through to work and are there any further assessments ? oftec and gas safe i assume, but what further assessments are needed if any and what are the costs associated with this - thanks for any help in advance.

the oftec course is about 700 quid. then oftec registration.
the core gas + 5 is about 900 as a cat 2 student.
every element you add to core is 100 quid.
then gas safe registration of 500quid first year followed by 200 yearly

Cat 2 somebody with with at least NVQ 2 in plumbing - I got mine with plumbing no quals but do have others which I might add to nearly 20 years to achieve

Just to add oftec can be gained as any others can if your knowledge and ability is satisfactory for the assessor there is no black magic to it pay your money show your good enough pay your money again jobs a good one

Last edited:
my boss is not oftec and gives his jobs to others - i know he would give the jobs to me once im qualified. this would help me start off on my own eventually.

OFTEC mean nothing to anyone, they are a complete joke. These days they are just a shop.

Their inspector came out to us, we showed him a flagship install, he picked fault and we had to tell him that what he told us was nonsense...... as it BREACHED building regs.

Oftec will come and see you and threaten losing your tickets if it isnt A1 but then when you tell them about a big housing estate with every oil tank non compliant they DO NOT WANT TO KNOW AND JUST WANT TO GET YOU OFF THE PHONE.

Spend your money on something worthwhile. These goons dont know if they are arthur or martha.

All the best with your firm.

to be honest renew.. i am totally with you - its just that being oftec reg does get you more business, thats why im looking at it as a selling point more than there backing.

cheers for the advice though always check your posts out.

personally never had a problem with oftec, tho our only comms are thru post and just sending forms in! not used at all for back up, just registered with them same as gas safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil/oftec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a GS registered installer installs a new boiler that does not meet the standards of the Commissioning Checklist, but signs it off anyway, what is to be...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've done the C&G Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I'm currently working as a plumber's mate (part-time). Eventually, I'd like to become Gas Safe registered and work on LPG - at leisure sites and maybe on boats, etc. Any comments or advice on how best to get there? Should I do the Level 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all hope all is well I am 24 with a NVQ L1 & L2 in plumbing, I wanted to further my skills and become gas safe, I have started college and have completed all my theory and practical in class and I have hit a brick wall. I had someone that was gas registered and now has had something come up...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous. Not particularly because I think i'm not capable of doing the various process' you have to follow, but doing them in the right order, whilst under...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, this is my first post in this forum so please bear with me as I am new to the industry. I am looking to get Gas Safe qualified starting in March 2015. I have a course lined up and also a Gas Safe engineer who is happy for me to proceed with my portfolio. He has also kindly...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock