Search the forum,

Discuss Oil nozzles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pyesmith

How critical is fiiting the right 'manual specified' nozzle on an oil burner?

Does the last letters matter much say between .55 80 EH or a .55 80 W ?

any comments?

Unless you've some experience and knowledge on oilers then follow the manufacturers advice. Putting the incorrect nozzle on, without setting up the air with a smoke gun , fga and oil gauges, can and will cause inefficient running of the boiler and a waste of fuel. The EH stands for Economy Hollow spray pattern and is a danfoss nozzle, W stands for Semi-solid spray pattern and is A delavan nozzle.

Any nozzles i use will be danfoss so will be mostly EH, ES, S and H, if i had to replace an EH and didnt have it an H would suit, if worcester approve it then it good enough for me!!

EH and ES can only be used on kerosene. So using s and h pattern nozzles in their place isn't a problem imho.

I never carry eh or es but then I mostly work on boilers running 35sec oil.

Sometimes not critical but you are better using what the maker recommends, H, EH, S, ES, or whatever, especially on a new condensing boiler.
Different nozzle makers, make what are supposed to be equivalent nozzles to other makers, but I find they can be entirely different & think it is best & easier to stick with identical make & type usually.

Exactly, if a manufacturer states 0.55/80 EH then it's because they've carried out extensive research on their boilers and burners using different nozzles to find the optimum performance. Also sticking the correct nozzle in means less faffing about setting up.

Tip - the Fluidics HF and SF anti-drip nozzles are handy as replacements for vintage burners where the anti drip mechanism has failed and they smoke on start up.

I paid about £7.50 for the last Fluidics nozzle I bought. About £2 more than Danfoss

Customer pays anyway

True, I could have sworn I paid nearer £15 last year though I dont get them that often.

Depends where you get them from. If your suppliers have to order in specially they'll pass carriage on to you.

My manual calls for a Danfoss 0.50 x 60W nozzle but I can only find Delavan in this size and pattern, would it be ok to use a different make?

That's including the VAT and with the carriage divided by the order. I think they are £3.50 list from HWOS

0.50 60W is a Delavan nozzle not a Danfoss. Probably a misprint. Use a 0.50 60EH instead

I went into my local plumb rip centre off t'other day for a 0.75 80 EH nozzle.

"£8.80 plus vat, please."

"HOW MUCH?"

"I'll see what I can do."

"£5.59 plus vat, please."

That's cheap compared to Plumbase!

Plumbase were going to charge me £12 for a 22mm equal compression tee. The builders merchants over the road has started stocking plumbing stuff due to Plumbase pricing and it's far more competitive.

Last edited:
I went into my local plumb rip centre off t'other day for a 0.75 80 EH nozzle.

"£8.80 plus vat, please."

"HOW MUCH?"

"I'll see what I can do."

"£5.59 plus vat, please."

That's still a complete rip off! I would have a word with them if I were you. Over here £5.59 + vat is still very expensive. Local Plumb Centre & others are very reasonable on Danfoss nozzles.

I had more than a word but I needed that nozzle there and then! I buy them from HWOS but I'd run out of this one and didn't want to use a different size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil nozzles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock