Search the forum,

Discuss Oil fired boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strainers1

Hello,my brother has a standard sized condensing oil boiler. He has over half a tank of oil but for some reason boiler cut out and when red reset button is hit it doesn't fire. It sounds like no oil but oil there,what else could this be? I'm going to have a look at it shortly and try to bleed it but just looking bit of advice before I go,thanks!!!

Lots of things to check here mate.
After reset, is fan running?
To over heat, is pump runing?
Has water got into oil?
Is oil filter blocked?
Has safety valve shut down, which feeds the oil?
Have you turned the stats up, i.e calling for heat?
What are you hearing when it first starts its sequence?
Just shouting aloud to throw some ideas mate!

Thanks tipintim. I had him check pump,stat,fan earlier and seem to be fine. I'll check rest later...
Thanks again

We need to know what the sequence of the burner is before it goes to lockout. There is a posibility that the remote fire valve has tripped out but we ned to know more info, what boiler it is and how old, could be solenoid etc

When was it last serviced? Could be a simple matter of being blocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil fired boiler not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock