Search the forum,

Discuss oil condensing heat only boiler not firing up!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello everyone!
i've had the oil pressure gauge and when turned on it only creeps up to 0.5 then to 0. it sounds if the oil pump is struggling to fire up. the oil pump has be bled and there enough supply of clean oil and is not seized up as there is a water separator on the oil line and oil filters. its had a new nozzle fitted and the high limit stat has not be activated nor has the remote fire valve.

im struggling to figure to why this is ? could it be the solenoids replaced?

can someone with experience lend a hand would be very much grateful.

as mentioned earlier you have the answer already, are you a technician out of interest.

I've just qualified last year and this is my first year out on the road.

start by seeing if the pump adjusts up, probably knackered if it was a solenoid that would hum like hell or the drive motor just wont start up, use the fault finding flo charts as your starter for 10

0.5 what on the gauge?

Should wash at a lower pressure, then kick up.

Not enough oil.

pull photo cell as solenoid kicks in to fool control box its running whilst discharging oil from pressure gauge drain into an old drinks bottle until you get a really good stream of oil. close drain and stick photocell back in.

can i send you a video of the oil boiler firing up

[video]fe92015821190553cc8e42ef525ec189[/video]

ill try and send a video of the oil gauge inside the pump on the firing up process.

sorry guys ill be with you shortly. I'm having difficultly in send my video

[video]cid:818B3AE2-B4AE-470C-85FB-897C635775E1/06AD2EF0-DD24-4F12-A866-408507DBC84D@home[/video]

any luck now with my upload video clip of the oil gauge reading while firing up boiler

As the man said, check oil supply then the pump, have you tried turning it up bit?

no because i serviced it last year and everything was fine. so i didn't see why i would need to adjust it again.

Just because there is oil there, it doesn't mean there's enough to run it. I would bleed it for a bit to make sure of the fuel supply. It's easy and you don't have to pull anything to bits. Then pump off to make sure that the dog coupling is intact and that the motor is running at full speed. Then lid off the pump to check pump filter. Then change pump.

You really need to get in the plumbers arms. Too much info for general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil condensing heat only boiler not firing up!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock