Search the forum,

Discuss oil boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

I'm a Gas safe engineer and have been asked to install an oil boiler,i have not seen the job yet.

Can i install the boiler and ask(pay) building control to sign it off

Obviously i would have to follow the MI's to the letter

I'm sure one of oilies Will correct me but I believe in you used to be able to do what you are proposing but fairly recently it has fallen in line with Gas Safe in that the install has to be done by a qualified engineer

Just get one if your oilly mates to come and commission it

Once upon a time it was the commissioning as the notification. It has now changed. It is now the installation side.

Note to op. If you install it. How you going to start it up?

Better finding somebody who does oil to do it with you. Then you know whats what and everything is above board. You might even get to like the smell of kerosene for breakfast :)

You might even get to like the smell of kerosene for breakfast :)

I hated it when I first started oil but now I hardly notice it. My van stinks of oil all the time from used pumps, hoses etc in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock