Search the forum,

Discuss Oil boiler cirtifcate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ashleygaynon

Hi, my builders plumber has done a great job ,on complex first and second fix to my extension, he fitted a new boiler all working perfectly , although when it's come to getting the work signed off. He has become very difficult to get hold off . Does any one know of someone to sign this oil boiler off ? Chelford cheshire , any advise welcome please
thanks

Maybe your builders plumber hasn't the qualifications. Did he commission the oil boiler?
Needed an analyser to set it up. Also has to be fitted to regs, - proper remote fire valve etc.
Get a OFTEC oil engineer, who is experienced in to have a look at it all.
Some of the oil engineers local to you on this forum might help, but I doubt if they will be happy signing work off that is not there own, which is what you require

Last edited:
Put it back to your builder, as he is responsible to have your job done and passed

We have exactly the same situation on a job tomorrow, we are comissioning it but the builders have to certificate it via BC.

We are relatively local to you, recently put a biomass system in at Chelford House, so might be able to assist with the commission but not the sign off (we are OFTEC)

Hi ok that's sounds good, please can you contact me on 07747068525,regards Ashley

Hi ok that's sounds good, please can you contact me on 07747068525,regards Ashley

Would really recommend you pm Jong1 direct rather than putting your number on open forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil boiler cirtifcate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock