Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Oh how silly of me. Dohhhhjju in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Anyone know of a wrap around pipe repair for 110mm? Just cut into a soil pipe while cutting out a boxing.

Don't really want to have to cut a coupler and slip coupler in.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Fernco coupling ?

3. mutley racers

It's a whole unit. Kind of looking for a sleeve that is one length that wraps around and tightens. Without having to cut all the way through the pipe and move it.

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have not seen one that wraps around. Sorry.

5. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Split/cut the fernco coupling length ways, if necessary bond it to the soil stack with some PU adhesive as well as the jubilee clips, keep the split round the back no one will notice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Great minds think alike

7. mutley racers

I have seen these for larger pipes but not 110.

I was actually thinking of cutting a piece of 110 and then slicing this in half length ways and just sticking this with some solvent weld and cable ties until it welds

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Inner tube from push bike and a wide jubilee clip. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would just cut and fit a slip coupler. I wouldn’t want a call back in 2 weeks time

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Bung some Araldite on it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Gap filler glue?
    How big is the cut

12. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Fine but I don't think solvent weld will stick PE, PU Gorilla glue will do it or any PU ady for that matter, just remember to wet the surface if you use it as it's water activated.

Flexible Connector 112 - 112mm

Mind you if its just a saw cut, superglue works fine on PE, get one of those mitre bond kits. Fill the gap and spray it and it sets like concrete or just use an epoxy.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mitrebon...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPjB25mc3tsCFVIw0wodmvsPEg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  13. mutley racers

Thanks for all the replies gents.

The tap is about 1mm wide by about 1 1/2 inches long. Put some plumbers good in there for temp measure and it is holding up fine but want a better fix

14. gmartine

gmartine GSR

As suggested previously Araldite epoxy or equivalent mate, thought you'd bust a large hole in it.

15. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

How about a 4 inch two piece rubber lined pipe clip?...regards Turnpin