Search the forum,

Discuss Oh do I hate Worcester! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Unfortunately cutting corners and flesh en route

I can’t stand WB either, Rubbish. Baxi offer replacement parts at a reasonable price and got a descent warranty team also. Loads of customers seem WB brain washed! I would back heel Baxi boilers in all day long if I had it my way

I can’t stand WB either, *****. Baxi offer replacement parts at a reasonable price and got a descent warranty team also. Loads of customers seem WB brain washed! I would back heel Baxi boilers in all day long if I had it my way

Problem is baxi charge stupid prices for repair parts that don’t come with o rings so you spend extra for basically nothing as they should be included

They have started to bring in o rings with parts.

Can’t be that much as there’s at least a post a week complaining on the baxi forum why still haven’t you included washers :D

The oil Worcesters are no better. The original heatslave or danesmoor brilliant. After them they just get worse the newer heatslave, the mark 2 and don't get me started on the condensing cam ray.
Been to two old heatslave since last night. Ones 22 the others 19. Customers asking about new boilers. Told in no uncertain terms not to change until last resort.

wouldn't touch the new Worcesters with somebody else's.

Can’t be that much as there’s at least a post a week complaining on the baxi forum why still haven’t you included washers :D

I think it's the newer parts will start coming out with o rings. But for years they haven't so why don't people order them at the same time.

The oil Worcesters are no better. The original heatslave or danesmoor brilliant. After them they just get worse the newer heatslave, the mark 2 and don't get me started on the condensing cam ray.
Been to two old heatslave since last night. Ones 22 the others 19. Customers asking about new boilers. Told in no uncertain terms not to change until last resort.

wouldn't touch the new Worcesters with somebody else's.

It's the one with the zig zag baffles I hate! It still holds my record for longest service which was about 4 hours as the baffles were that choked up they were seized in.

Bosch are owned by a charitable trust set up by the family that founded them. They don’t have any shareholders to keep happy so seem to have spread into all sorts of fields from their original tool making.
Well someone must be creaming off the top as the money certainly isn’t being spent on quality development anymore

Well someone must be creaming off the top as the money certainly isn’t being spent on quality development anymore

Just the nature of big business, they bring in managers and accountants who “value engineer” the life out of things.

Boilers seem to suffer the same problem as diesel engines, it’s easy to make something with so so efficiency last for years but when you need to up that it requires more sensors/control/components which has a knock on reduction in reliability.

Boilers also seem to have got a lot cheaper in real terms over the past 30 years.

Just the nature of big business, they bring in managers and accountants who “value engineer” the life out of things.

Boilers seem to suffer the same problem as diesel engines, it’s easy to make something with so so efficiency last for years but when you need to up that it requires more sensors/control/components which has a knock on reduction in reliability.

Boilers also seem to have got a lot cheaper in real terms over the past 30 years.
Good ...whats good about any combi boilers ? they cost about £1000 now which as a % of a new system is roughly the same as years ago.
In fact the labour % is about the same as well, the vat has gone up. We used to clear £1000 for each job inc supply and fit on todays prices. Each job took 3.5 days ...its still same now
centralheatking

They are in a deepening down spiral. Poor Quality leads to more warrantee work, shortage of fitters means they have recruited more who are not fully experienced..which leads to even more trouble. but the advertising and gullable customers means the madness carries on centralheatking

I think it's the newer parts will start coming out with o rings. But for years they haven't so why don't people order them at the same time.

It’s the price for them £5 for 2 o rings / seals

Good ...whats good about any combi boilers ? they cost about £1000 now which as a % of a new system is roughly the same as years ago.
In fact the labour % is about the same as well, the vat has gone up. We used to clear £1000 for each job inc supply and fit on todays prices. Each job took 3.5 days ...its still same now
centralheatking

If you look back at boiler prices from the early 90's they've gone up by about 80 - 100%, if you look at inflation over the same period it's about 240%. It stands to reason if over the past 30 years boilers have become both more complex and less costly (in real terms) they must have reduced in quality.

If you look back at boiler prices from the early 90's they've gone up by about 80 - 100%, if you look at inflation over the same period it's about 240%. It stands to reason if over the past 30 years boilers have become both more complex and less costly (in real terms) they must have reduced in quality.
and of course they only last 6 years so more are being sold
maybe 2x as many when they used to do a decade or more.
chking....Bring back Archie Kidde boilers and lister diesel engines
and Webb lawn mowers

Sorry for your troubles but its all part of our job all these boilers give problems when you touch wet side of system to many plastic parts o ring on Baxi GF leeks if you drain heat exchanger through it How many times have you replaced even a taps on a Basin nock of gate valves valves let buy or even paid for job go to turn on gate vale what happens gate sticks no water been there have all tshirts mate

Reply to Oh do I hate Worcester! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock