Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Oh do I hate Worcester! in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Millsy 82

Millsy 82 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Went out to a leak on a Cdi. Armed myself with an o ring pack whipped the plate out and found the diverter rusted and a small amount broken off.

So new diverter valve needed grab another and out comes the old spend a good 5 minutes cleaning up the cold inlet so it's sparkling clean put it all back in with a bit of grease turn the mains on and wait, yep there it is the little drip that happens every bl00dy time.

Can't they put a slightly larger o ring in as obviously the one they supply is pants! So strip it back out again clean it up even more put it all back in again and guess what still leaking!!!!!!!

How on earth were they ever the best boiler? Must of been a lot of money swapping hands.

• Like Like x 1
  2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Seriously, I wont even go out to them .

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Millsy 82

It seems to be every time now I TRY to replace a diverter on them they leak. I even use the horrible lsx and they still leak.

I'm now getting to the point of saying they are now a write off for the boiler or I charge a days labour plus parts. All for a part just over £100.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Coby kenny AGUILAR

Coby kenny AGUILAR Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. bogrodder

bogrodder Plumber GSR

Become an instrument technician and it’ll be a piece of [email protected]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

WB were never the best boilers just the most popular because all the ex british gas fellas were encouraged to fit them, and the quality has got worse and the service system is under massive strain...centralheatking

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling WB Tech Support and telling them that the o-rings in the spares pack seem to be undersized and asking them to confirm the correct specification?

O-rings are great as long as they are the correct material, elasticity and size. The problem is that gives at least four parameters that can be wrong in a given case. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

I always silicon the o'rings and the orifices (ooerr matron) after cleaning everything to try to prevent the leaks. Bloody awful boilers worcester

9. Millsy 82

I always thought that was pretty much what lsx was just silicone. It's the only boiler I ever use it on but still always leaks. I make sure the joints are sparkling by the time I put it back together. Bl00dy hate the boilers.

10. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

So its a real positive reaction to WB hey ! centralheatking
    been bashing Wb for years they are ALMOST as bad as Ferroli

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Out of curiosity what did you tell the customer??

12. Millsy 82

That changing the part is a pain in the rear. I hate doing them and I wish I told them just to have another boiler. We were laughing but she hasn't had the bill yet as it put me a couple of hours behind.

13. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

That's the issue I hate about repairs , can suck up time and bill starts to look daft.

14. Millsy 82

Yeah. Usually I give a price to repair and allow 2 hours to swap a diverter valve. I was there though to repair a toilet where the cistern had been tiledin so I had to remove all the tiles so I said I would be on hourly rate then they asked me to repair the leak as well.

15. Cazza

Cazza Member

I'm not going to buy Worcester Bosch ever again. Took getting out the WB repair men 8 times before they could eventually stop both isolation valves from leaking

• Like Like x 1