Search the forum,

Discuss odd one, worcester greenstar, 40CDi, classic, regular in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Custard went off on holiday, came back boiler didn't fire up.
EA code, reset -nothing. Called me, got there, checked for gas, checked condensate pump ok, took cover off to check ignition and the flame rectification lead was disconnected? How would this happen?
Any clues? igotnoidea :confused::rolleyes:

Sometimes they go loose and with the heat they could pop / not make contact

How did they feel when you pressed them back on ? You can close the spring clips a bit to tighten them

Sometimes they go loose and with the heat they could pop / not make contact

How did they feel when you pressed them back on ? You can close the spring clips a bit to tighten them
Fine clipped on with a satisfying click.

Fine clipped on with a satisfying click.

Strange then maybe there were never fully seated and slowly started to wobble off

Your maybe being filmed by rogue traders , hope u never said it was major job lol

Had a few not fully seated on a service. How was the burner seal?? Any signs of heat damage anywhere?

Had a few not fully seated on a service. How was the burner seal?? Any signs of heat damage anywhere?
DIDN'T check!! I didn't *work* on the boiler before then, only opened up case and found lead disconnected~ THO' they recently had boiler serviced by another company, the landlord has a contract with-details not known to me.. maybe they didn't put the lead back properly IF they even took it off to service? :rolleyes:

Reply to odd one, worcester greenstar, 40CDi, classic, regular in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock