Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ2 Question and advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have just recently been employed as an apprentice and I am due to start my NVQ2 course in September. I was just curious as to how long this course could potentially take? I have City & Guilds Level 1, 2 and 3. I've heard some people take up to 2 years and some 9 or so months.

Also, on completion of NVQ2 I will of course have the option of NVQ3 or becoming gas safe, is NVQ3 really that important?? I don't want to spend more time at college than I have to and I'd love to get the gas work ASAP.

Thanks, Lee

Nvq if your in a position to do work daily you could have it signed off in 3 or 4 month. If given the chance forget about nvq3 and aim for gas.
Its nice to have but not many jobs require it.
If gas engineers had to have it for the plumbing side then 90% would be out of work as not many have or need it. Some employers require it, but not many lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas lasts for 5 years and needs repeating an NVQ is for ever and is competence based
The ACS is safety based

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ2 Question and advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock