Discuss NVQ level 2 PP1 soil and waste pipe x dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arise

Hello, Has anyone got the x dimensions for the PP1 question in the NVQ level 2 college book. I've spent a day and a half on this and no one else has started it yet at college. So far i've only got 3 of the dimensions correct 2 for 32mm and 1 for 40 mm the soil pipe is hard cos you only get a 2-3 mm tolerance and my tutor just puts a tick if its right and that's the only feedback he'll give me.

any help appreciated

Andrew

i think the pp1 is in the tech cert book, not the nvq port folio, may be misleading people here, clear that up and you might get more replies, cheers

The x dimensions vary by make. You need to understand how you measure them otherwise there is no point in doing it surely? FWIW the x dimensions is the difference between the centre of one socket to the ful socket on the other. Hope that helps :)

i always measure centre to centre, then work out accordingly

when i did alot of steel i notices that centre to face was the same as end to end on half inch, made measuring easy. on 3/4 you had to knock off 1/8 of an inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ level 2 PP1 soil and waste pipe x dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back