Search the forum,

Discuss Nvq for unqualified plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. Apologies if this has been asked before but here goes: completed 2 years of an apprenticeship about 30 years ago so have no formal plumbing qualifications. Have been trapped in the same job since then but have always kept plumbing on the side, fitting bathrooms for friends and family etc. Fairly competent and complete all aspects of plumbing. I’ve seen some companies offering a home learning package for part of an nvq and to get the further nvq, they say that you can get some of your work assessed. Am I right in thinking that I could work a few days with and get assessed that way. There is no way I can give up my current job and commit to a full time course. Thanks for any info. John.

Last plumber: he didn't complete by the sound of it!

When I was at college a couple of years ago, it was just about possible to do this. Get a college to take you on on a course. Day a week for two years (or quite a bit less, in practice). Then you need someone to be your work based recorder. If you are indeed good and have a mate with either an NVQ2 or equivalent, or ?5 years' experience as a plumber, then that will do. Your mate supervises you doing the NVQ work which it sounds like you already have lined up and signs that it is to industry standard and entirely your work, which sound like it would also be true. Then your college observes you on a couple of jobs too and your college assessor looks at your portfolio of evidence and photos and sees if you are up to the required standard.

Basically you can (or could) get the NVQ2 without being an apprentice, as your workbased recorder need not be your employer. I'm assuming you have useful contacts?

Reply to Nvq for unqualified plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock