Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ ASSESSOR for NVQ Level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Mechanica

Anyone know contact details for an NVQ Assessor in the South East London Area? Need to sign off my level 3.

Cheers

Ben

i previously posted a complete list of all the colleges that did independant nvq assesment/ signing off's. cant find the file at the moment so browse through my posts since around jan and ye shall see.
think kirkgas may also know.?.

didnt think it could be done that way, u just phone an assessor and they come and assess you?

Any registered and recognised Assessor who can regulate and verify your Field Assessment for the Body you are undertaking your course with can do this. How come your college isn't sending an assessor out ?

Any registered and recognised Assessor who can regulate and verify your Field Assessment for the Body you are undertaking your course with can do this. How come your college isn't sending an assessor out ?

i know a registered assessor can assess but if its done ad hoc way who verifys it?

Hi Fuzzy,

You are asking all the right questions. The College where the NVQ is undertaken will verify. If they are not happy with it they will not approve the Field Assessments. If you are transferring to a private training group, it is the same. Their own internal verifier puts the final stamp on it all before sending it off for re-verification by the certification body then actual certification.
Best Wishes
Assessor Gas

Hi Fuzzy,

You are asking all the right questions. The College where the NVQ is undertaken will verify. If they are not happy with it they will not approve the Field Assessments. If you are transferring to a private training group, it is the same. Their own internal verifier puts the final stamp on it all before sending it off for re-verification by the certification body then actual certification.
Best Wishes
Assessor Gas

do you have any idea how long this process takes when doing it this way, is it the same when at college for interest?...

Again it is simple. The time it takes, is the time it takes to develop and pressent the skills learned in college in the field, and of course for the assessor to find a space in his/her diary. It make take several visits. The larger question is where is the field experience being gained ?? and is their supporting evidence, is the documentation supplied by the course provider (i.e City & Guilds) complete for both on and off job elements so that the assessor can approve it. Many colleges have massive waiting lists for their own assessors to come out, and even some of the leading ones are so busy they have had to send out unapproved or un accredited guys so i assume this is why you are looking for independant ??? A Question ? when you are saying your Level 3 - Do you mean your gas and heating elements or just plumbing elements ??? Have you completed work experience or are you needing that too ??? A lot of centre and college assessors work freelance too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ ASSESSOR for NVQ Level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock