Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ 2 Assessment... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrish

Just wondering if it's possible to do work on your own house as part of the NVQ 2 Assessment? Just bought a bungalow that needs lots of work (including new kitchen and bathroom) and wondering if this is a way of saving myself some money and snagging some of my NVQ work. I'm currently doing the C+G 6129 but looking to add the NVQ2...Thanks for any info.

Chris

yes,

sorry to be blunt or not give any more info but the answer is yes.

hi, i am doing 6129 and was told by the tutors that any work you do be it your own house,friends,family, you should take a photo and put it in your portfolio
ste.

do your's and another 20 should give enough for a descent portfolio.
dont forget to arrange to do a bathroom install for your on- site final assesment too.

Another 20? How many assessments/jobs are covered in the NVQ2? Can't find any precise info on the interweb. Thanks for the info.

you need a consise range of jobs for your portfolio,

these requirements are outlined by a guy called brian curry, a leading c&q examiner, authour etc, who i have direct contact too, so take it as read.
he says..
installing,
toilets,baths,basins,sinks and associated hot/cold discharge piping.
ball-valve maintenance various situations,
variety of tap and valve maintenance,
gutter, rwp, soil rainwater pipe install,
exchange rads and associated piping,
cylinder cupboard installation or replacement of a tank and cylinder,
shower install electric and mixers,
lead workk,
complete bathroom install including rads.

get one or two of the listed above and that will be a descent portfolio.
should take about 6 months.
its a fact from one of the countries top plumbing examiner.

Thanks for the info. Do you mean get one or two of everything in the list or one or two from the list? :confused:
Cheers.

Thanks for the info. Do you mean get one or two of everything in the list or one or two from the list? :confused:
Cheers.

yup, one or two of each, and various of the easy ones ie float valves in diferent situations.
you see the thing is, if you dont cover everything, the examiner will ask you too and it wastes your time when you can cover all the angles they cant complain.

you can do all the work at yours and familiea homes but you must charge them, this is because when people pay they expect the job to be done right. i used to charge my mum £1 for any job. know what i mean;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ 2 Assessment... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock