Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss #novanber Let’s stop van theft/tool theft in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ashly90

Ashly90 New Member

hi everyone!
    Been on here a while but haven’t posted much. I’m sure everyone is aware of van theft/tool theft at the moment. There’s a petition at the moment which is asking for tougher sentences and more to be done to the people taking tradesmens livelihood. I’ve attached a link for it if anyone wants to sign it. Credit to Peter booth ( pb plumber ) for creating the petition.

Petition: Investigate what more can be done to tackle van theft and van tool theft.

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Is there now not 3 posts on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ashly90

Ashly90 New Member

My bad if there is, I’ve had a look through and couldn’t see anything but fell free to have it removed if it is duplicated

4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

I already posted it Ashly. However with something as important as this, duplicates can do no harm ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ashly90

Ashly90 New Member

Defiantly! Cheers for letting me know, must have missed it somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Judas.:D:D:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SlimD

SlimD GSR

Manufacturers can play a much bigger role in preventing van tool theft. Some vans are so easy to break into (various examples on YouTube) that you might as well advertise "Free tools here" on the side of your van. If manufacturers put a bit more thought and effort into physical security of their vehicles it'd make it a lot harder for toe rags to break into them.
    I've just shelled out for deadlocks on my van. I can't afford it but I can afford losing all my tools even less.

8. Ashly90

Ashly90 New Member

100%. My van can be got into with something that cost £10 and anyone can get hold of it. It’s madness. They should fit deadlocks as standard to them and even if it added 500 or so to the price I don’t think people will mind as it’s secure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ttemerge

ttemerge New Member

Disgusting their aren't better solutions for this problem. I lost almost a thousands pounds worth of equipment last week :(

10. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Sorry to hear that. Been done three times myself so I know the all consuming rage at the b4stards.

11. BYP

BYP GSR

Signed

• Like Like x 2