Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Noisy condensate on Worcester Greenstar 25i in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ESB

ESB New Member

Boiler installed 7 weeks ago. Every 2 or 3 days I hear the condensate water running down the pipe loudly and then a glooping noise from inside boiler for approx 30 seconds. Boiler operates well. No error messages or flashing blue light. Any ideas what could be the cause? There are no blockages. Condensate pipe run into sink waste which washing machine pipe is also connected to.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That's normal washing machine pipe untrapped ?

3. ESB

ESB New Member

Many thanks for coming back to me. How do you mean untrapped?

4. ShaunCorbs

Does the washing machine waste pipe go in the kitchen sink or to its own stand pipe ?

5. ESB

ESB New Member

See pic if this helps. You can see the condensate pipe to the right. The glooping is really loud as is the sound of the condensate water running through before the glooping. I phoned Worcester but they can't attend until January! They didn't think it should make that noise but they have not heard it

20181205_204507.jpg

6. ShaunCorbs

All looks fine how does the kitchen sink drain ?

7. ESB

ESB New Member

Kitchen sink drains well. I put 2 lots of drain cleaner in to be on safe side. It drains fine. No bubbling or gurgling. The sink gurgles a bit when washing machine on.

8. ESB

ESB New Member

Seems like there could be air in boiler after draining condensate? Odd it only happens every few days. Maybe not dumping condensate enough? Had a new kitchen tap fitted a couple of weeks ago but that shouldn't make any difference. Worcester mentioned getting a tundish fitted...

9. ShaunCorbs

Why was the condy drained ??

Not normally

10. ESB

ESB New Member

Condensate drained? Sorry. I am being a bit thick here!

11. ShaunCorbs

You said it was drained in the above comment or do you mean emptying?

12. ESB

ESB New Member

Emptying. Sorry Shaun

13. ShaunCorbs

Np I would say it's running fine and it's supposed to

If you not running the hot water much and heating on tick over it's about right emptying around a day

14. ESB

ESB New Member

Thanks Shaun. I only hear it once every few days. I have the glooping on video but can't upload it here as .mp4 file type not allowed! The glooping is really loud! Have you come across this before?

15. ESB

ESB New Member

There are only 2 of us here and hot water not run much as you say.