Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy condensate on Worcester Greenstar 25i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ESB

Boiler installed 7 weeks ago. Every 2 or 3 days I hear the condensate water running down the pipe loudly and then a glooping noise from inside boiler for approx 30 seconds. Boiler operates well. No error messages or flashing blue light. Any ideas what could be the cause? There are no blockages. Condensate pipe run into sink waste which washing machine pipe is also connected to.

That's normal washing machine pipe untrapped ?

Does the washing machine waste pipe go in the kitchen sink or to its own stand pipe ?

See pic if this helps. You can see the condensate pipe to the right. The glooping is really loud as is the sound of the condensate water running through before the glooping. I phoned Worcester but they can't attend until January! They didn't think it should make that noise but they have not heard it

20181205_204507.jpg

All looks fine how does the kitchen sink drain ?

Kitchen sink drains well. I put 2 lots of drain cleaner in to be on safe side. It drains fine. No bubbling or gurgling. The sink gurgles a bit when washing machine on.

Seems like there could be air in boiler after draining condensate? Odd it only happens every few days. Maybe not dumping condensate enough? Had a new kitchen tap fitted a couple of weeks ago but that shouldn't make any difference. Worcester mentioned getting a tundish fitted...

Why was the condy drained ??

Not normally

Condensate drained? Sorry. I am being a bit thick here!

You said it was drained in the above comment or do you mean emptying?

Emptying. Sorry Shaun

Np I would say it's running fine and it's supposed to

If you not running the hot water much and heating on tick over it's about right emptying around a day

Thanks Shaun. I only hear it once every few days. I have the glooping on video but can't upload it here as .mp4 file type not allowed! The glooping is really loud! Have you come across this before?

Installer came out and recreated noise by running hot tap until condensate emptied and said he thinks it is operating as it should and it is the noise of the condensate emptying. To stop the noise of the condensate going down the pipe I could have a bigger pipe but the noise doesn't bother me as long as I know it is normal.

Reply to Noisy condensate on Worcester Greenstar 25i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock