Search the forum,

Discuss No lights on Honeywell HCW80 relay unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
My Honeywell HCW80 relay unit is not lighting up at all when I press or hold the button. I believe this fault is causing my central heating to have stopped. Looking behind the cover, things look fine, but I'm no expert. What would be the best course of action here?

Picture of the relay unit I'm on about:
s-l1600.jpg

Yes it’s rf. if not switching on and off need to check getting 240v supply to it first before condemning it. If it has 240v supply to it it’s quite easy to bypass it and get heating back on until you get it replaced but depends on your competence with electrics

Last edited:
Should work if you press the button once / light should come on

If it doesn’t needs investigation to see if it’s got power eg multi meter

Could I try and connect some of the terminals in order to send an ignition signal to the boiler? If so, what object could I use?

Could I try and connect some of the terminals in order to send an ignition signal to the boiler? If so, what object could I use?

This question indicates to me that you really need to stop at this point. You are going to electrocute yourself or end up with a face full of molten metal spray when you short the wrong things. Make it safe by putting the cover back on and call a heating engineer (or an electrician who does central heating controls) to get you sorted out.

Reply to No lights on Honeywell HCW80 relay unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock