Search the forum,

Discuss no hot water when bath running but rest of house ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark h

anyone help! ive got a ferroli potimax he plus 31c combi, hot water is fine through sink downstairs and in bathroom running at 55degrees c, but when i run bath it wont go any higher than 34degrees c. plus im getting a whistleing sond when i run bath. help! been told i need to change bath valve as may be damaged thus causing pressure problems from boiler. is this correct?
been in touch with supplier they say its a plumbing prod. have noticed flow rate on tap has increased,could it be too fast for boiler to heat up water?

Last edited by a moderator:
If water only cool through bath,probably water flow rate to high,as bath taps allow greater flow rate if allowed,restrict flow rate slightly at boiler to improve temp at bath

If flow rate correct,after that it could be low gas rate due to incorrect adjustment or gas pipework undersized

Also it thermostatic shower above bath ,maybe getting a little cold water feed back through valve if non return valves not seated correct

imho

cheers m8, when i run hot bath tap on steady instead of full
it works fine,
only does it when tap turned up full.
seems to be flowing alot faster recently, could this be a tap problem

cheers m8, when i run hot bath tap on steady instead of full
it works fine,
only does it when tap turned up full.
seems to be flowing alot faster recently, could this be a tap problem

If that the case,just restrict flow at boiler as said

Maybe water pressure/flow has been increased in your area

Water board may have repaired a few of their leaks in the mains in the streets !! :)

thanx 4 help mate, one last thing how do you restrict flow on boiler.?

If the water pressure is really high restricting the flow at the boiler will slightly improve the temp, but it doesn't alter the pressure which does the damage.Fit a pressure reducing valve on your cold supply to the house & set up to about 2- 2.5 bar. will protect all your taps & appliances. Pressure & fow rate are 2 different things, they both need to be right to get the correct performance ie temp & flow rate. A 31kw boiler should give approx 35c temp rise from cold with a flow rate of 11- 12 litres / minute.

dont turn the tap on full would seem to be the answer tap is flowing more water than the boiler can produce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water when bath running but rest of house ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
J
I own a top floor flat in a 4 storey block, i bought it 3 months ago (meaning that this is an issue i will have to personally deal with, no landlord). at first i had no issues, but recently, we have no warm/hot water in our kitchen or bath taps. the bathroom sink hot tap gets warm, and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock