Search the forum,

Discuss No flow on small underfloor circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Mate inherited this had a look this morning for him any obvious faults? ,should work far as I can tell heatmiser programmable stat fitted in the hall way . Kop

20180929_144044.jpg

Turning all the orther rads off does it work ?

No didn't seem to system boiler flow and return come off first before rest of the house circuits I can understand their thinking as s plan and controls are in the airing cupboard so easy way to get time and temperature control to under floor loop may just be air locked dosent take much. Kop

Blocked gauze in the blending valve?

Systems is clean found this online looks like it may need a pump its a valliant system boiler and not getting the water moving through the loop it gets to the mixing valve and back ok just not around the loop . Cheers kop

Screenshot_20180930-194546.png

I would say that cannot work!
There is nothing to take return water into mixer valve.
As @scott_d said, as soon as the water is hot going through the TMV, it will fail safe and restrict flow to zero. As it cools down it will open slightly and allow a bit more flow but only until the water temp entering the valve is too hot again.
It is a Heath Robinson attempt at making their own underfloor Heating circuit in my opinion. It needs the correct pump/mixer set up.

Got a second hand pump will give it a go if all else fails i will get a small pump set sorted . Cheers kop

Reply to No flow on small underfloor circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock