Search the forum,

Discuss No downstairs heating ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

Hello guys,

Could anyone give me some sort of idea I am having a Vaillant ecotec plus 438
4 story house
Downstairs basement excavated is the boiler and the hot water cylinder.

The central heating works everywhere apart from downstairs which are 5 rads cast iron column rads with restored old brass valves.

Boiler works well
Zone valves works fine

How comes it doesn’t ciculate? What should be checking?
I tried to turn all rads off but no effect

What zone valves are there?
2 port zone valves for hot water, ch, and ufh

88B6BE0C-E364-4576-92F0-0F545D35640B.jpeg

What zone valves are there?
According to the owner it has worked before. I am a little stuck here as I don’t seem to find a solution. Everywhere else in the house it’s roasting hot therefore I tried turning the valves off and distribute the heat into the ones which don’t work. Nothing has changed.

According to the owner it has worked before. I am a little stuck here as I don’t seem to find a solution. Everywhere else in the house it’s roasting hot therefore I tried turning the valves off and distribute the heat into the ones which don’t work. Nothing has changed.
I take it they have all been bled!
Aside from that I'd electrically isolate the non used zone valves, shut all the other rads down, shut down the bypass, open up the rads totally and see if you can force water through downstairs. Worse case is once all that's done pop the bleed screws out to see what's occurring.
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid I never believe homeowners.

I take it they have all been bled!
Aside from that I'd electrically isolate the non used zone valves, shut all the other rads down, shut down the bypass, open up the rads totally and see if you can force water through downstairs. Worse case is once all that's done pop the bleed screws out to see what's occurring.
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid I never believe homeowners.
I will give that a try now. Thanks for now for your massive help as well as being to fast in responding.

I just agree with not believing the homeowners :)

I just wanted to give you the heads up. The system is working now not as it should but it gets warm. I believe it needs some balancing valves as the property is so huge and cannot cope. However, thank you Dave for your help!!!

I just wanted to give you the heads up. The system is working now not as it should but it gets warm. I believe it needs some balancing valves as the property is so huge and cannot cope. However, thank you Dave for your help!!!

Balancing valves Matchless? That's what the lockshields are for!
If that's the case, then you've got another days work balancing it if it's big. It's not at all difficult, just a ball ache.

The only long term prob with balancing is that if the system isn't spotless then the rads closest to the boiler will be shut down so far they can block with debris very easily. I'd explain all that to them so you can do a proper job. Otherwise walk, no run, away :D

Balancing valves Matchless? That's what the lockshields are for!
If that's the case, then you've got another days work balancing it if it's big. It's not at all difficult, just a ball ache.

The only long term prob with balancing is that if the system isn't spotless then the rads closest to the boiler will be shut down so far they can block with debris very easily. I'd explain all that to them so you can do a proper job. Otherwise walk, no run, away :D
If it was me I would have installed a llh and one of these Strangregulierventil TA STAD mit Entleeradapter DN 25 1" - Heizprofis, 67,20 €

That’s what I meant with balancing valves. I would also change the TRVs to heimeier eclipse so you can set the flowrates properly.

If it was me I would have installed a llh and one of these Strangregulierventil TA STAD mit Entleeradapter DN 25 1" - Heizprofis, 67,20 €

That’s what I meant with balancing valves. I would also change the TRVs to heimeier eclipse so you can set the flowrates properly.

IMI do similar and also completely FAB free courses.
Agree that in a world which valued what we do and our knowledge with an eye to the environment then it's a no brainer. However this is rip off Britain... :mad:

The other thing in Britain is that no one would want them seen. #To55ers

Reply to No downstairs heating ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock