Search the forum,

Discuss No central heating...new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I am at my wits end and am at the point where i want to smash my boiler with a sledgehammer...
Ok I'll begin.....moved into my new house in October, the previous owner installed a new baxi ecoblue 16kw heat only boiler back in July.
Friday just gone I had 2 new rads installed as the living and dining rooms had neither (underfloor heating and a gas fire), also a new thermostat as the old one was an old Honeywell dial clicker. Rads and thermo went on fine no problems, turns out though when my installer was in the airing cupboard he found that the 3 way valve was hanging off its pipe and the previous engineer hadn't flushed out the system prior to installing new boiler....still reading? ;)
Friday evening the boiler decided to blow it's fuse, of course I am thinking wtf?! And eventually found an 3amp fuse and boiler opens up again no issues....forward to monday my engineer replaces the ball cocks in the loft as they were the outlawed ones ,replaced the 3 way and a new timer , along with adding some inhibitor as there was none in the system. He showed me the wiring in the junction box and said it looked terrible, wires all over the place so tidied them up a bit. Boiler working his job all finished, later that day the fuse blows again so I replace. ....
Fast forward to today, woke up with the heating and water nice and hot, timer set to go off at 0945...rads start cooling down at 930, and since then rads aren't warming up even though we have water, prior to all this rads would only also work with the water heated up. The thermostat is set to 23o on the wall with the little flame permanently on, the timer is showing that water and heating is on but there is no heating. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on because I want to tear out this rubbish and put a combi in its place.

Thankyou

Nope. You need the second engineer to come back as previously stated to fix it. He put the timer and 3 port valve in. It is now down to him to fix mate.
Just got in a few mins ago and surprise surprise blown fuse again in the boiler spur, just replaced. Could this be then an electrical fault as this is the third fuse since Friday

Just got in a few mins ago and surprise surprise blown fuse again in the boiler spur, just replaced. Could this be then an electrical fault as this is the third fuse since Friday
The fuse will be a seperate issue but you should be able to have your heating and water on separately. The fuse could be a number of things to be honest.

You shouldn't be blowing fuses get the port valve installer back as for a 3amp fuseto blow it's pulling around 4-5 amps which isn't good when most things are rated for 2-3 amps boiler 1 amp

You shouldn't be blowing fuses get the port valve installer back as for a 3amp fuseto blow it's pulling around 4-5 amps which isn't good when most things are rated for 2-3 amps boiler 1 amp
I contacted him this morning he's in Wales, have asked another engineer to come on Friday . The only electrical parts the second installer touched is to install a new room thermostat, on original wiring (is this ok), new timer and sort out the spaghetti junction wiring.

As for the port valve , does that little switch at the top go side to side as per water or heating requirements?

As for the port valve , does that little switch at the top go side to side as per water or heating requirements?

I think you mean the manual/ position indicator if so yes

Won't see it move but the lever will go slack / no resistance

Right ok thanks , could this be the culprit for the boiler tripping out? It's wired wrong?

Could be or the whole valve is faulty

Reply to No central heating...new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock