Search the forum,

Discuss NO Central Heating and NO Hot Water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nabs2007

NO Central Heating and NO Hot Water

The setup in our house consists of a programmable timer/control next to boiler in kitchen, then room thermostat in living room. Then upstairs there is a wiring box cylinder and pump with i mid position valve. There is no live feed goin to the wiring box, the only thing that is recieving any live feed is the timer/programmer in kitchen, however this is not sending any signal to the wiring box i.e. hot water call or heating call. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the nature of the fault could it be the programmer, i have recently changed both the pump and the mid positoin valve wiring these in exactly the same way the existing items were.

Kind Regards Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a combi boiler? It may need topping up with water. is there something that tells you the pressure?

am not sure wether it is a combi boiler i dont think it is as its vented

I only got first half of post thats why i asked.
the live feed will go via the timer,
is there a re-set on the timer/programmer?
if there is try re-setting it and re-program the timer

I only got first half of post thats why i asked.
the live feed will go via the timer,
is there a re-set on the timer/programmer?
if there is try re-setting it and re-program the timer

Can't seem to find a reset button on the external casing is it likely to be inside the casing. The make and model of timer is acl lifestyle lp522, if thats any help. Even though the wiring box should have seperate lives are these fed from the control panel if you were posed with this problem would you replace the timer?

if it was for my house i would look at replacing the timer even if it turned out not to be that then i know it will be ok for at lease a year. if i was doing a job for someone else i would test the wiring every where i could get to, make sure the boiler if full of water and its topping up, find out if there as been any work done on the system. when the work was done and was the hot water working when it was done. its easy working on a system you can see but not so easy online

the timer is a ACL drayton Lp522 ÂŁ45 +vat or there is two new ones on ebay 1 is ÂŁ25 buy now and the other has 2 days left and is at ÂŁ5.99

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your help i will replace the timer but according to the wiring diagram for the system there should be a live going into the wiring box itself which then powers all the components in the system including the timer, as i said earlier the timer is recieving juice but nothing else is. so just to clarify you reckon that the timer should power the rest of the system.

thanks.

replaced timer still no joy however power now going to wiring box, but boiler not powering up and when you click heating advance on there is a gurgling sound coming from boiler????

help!!!!!!

sounds like there is an air lock in the system, has the boiler been drained. if so you may need to back fill it, you can do this by linking the hot and cold water together and filling the hot tank for a couple of seconds via a hot tap

been told that the ignition board may have gone in boiler as boiler is not lighting on first could this be caused by an airlock on boiler. when the boiler is called for heat or water it fires two or three times before it lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NO Central Heating and NO Hot Water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock