Search the forum,

Discuss Nibe system being replaced. Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I joined here some time ago after my sister moved into a rented 2 bed flat. This flat has a Nibe system and did not know about the notorious system. recently was paying £50 per week to heat to 19deg

After many month of hassle the housing association as agreed to replace the system BUT no gas is available to the building so been told it will be a "electric" boiler.
I have read that these are not as cheap to run than gas BUT will it be cheaper to run than a nibe?

This as caused her untold trouble with health and debt. The last thing she needs to do is move at the present BUT if the costs are in the same region with this swap she will have to.
So basically will a "electric" boiler be cheaper than a nibe,being used the same amount?
Many thanks

Heat pump I believe?

I vaguely recall this first time round I would say pump should be cheaper to run as long as it set up correctly and specced correctly for the system. I may be wrong however

The system is a F205 Nibe and a heat pump system. there is a split in peoples ideas. some say that in a properly insulated home it is a good system. somw say that the system is not suited to the UK full stop.
All I know is in my case it is appauling.
The housing association said a electric boiler will replace it.
From what I have quickly read a electric boiler and a heap pump sytem are different.
I do not know if all heap pumps in the uk are crap OR just the F205 Nibe.
Would just like to hear if a electric boiler would be better.
On youtube you put in "nibe" and you find all the horroe stories and TV programmes,watchdog,ripoff Britain etc highlighting the known issue BUT I haven't seen that sort of stuff about "electric boilers"
Not every where can have gas or oil etc.
My ideal would be move to a gas home but finaces to move and find suitable in the area are stopping that.

Nibe are a very good Heat Pump and will be massively more cost effective than any electric boiler. It is more likely your system need an experts attention to verify and maybe service the installation and check the mode of operation

Reply to Nibe system being replaced. Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock