Search the forum,

Discuss Nibe Fighter Exhaust Air Heat Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweakyboy

Hi,

Any of you guys installed any of these units?

We've installed around 100+ of them, personally I think they are a very good unit. The only problem with them is the size and weight!

Cheers

Dan

i installed 4 in flats a couple of years ago you're right they are big and having to accomodate 5 inch ducting can be a pain but do like the way they work they like to eat electricity though. give me gas anyday

not impressed with them at all and I believe that they are not really fit for purpose

With those big immersions in them I can not believe that these units are even on the MCS List under exhaust air heatpumps, having pulled them apart I am also not that impressde with the build quality of them.

not impressed with them at all and I believe that they are not really fit for purpose

I fitted one of these exhaust air units into my own house and I can only agree with the comment above. My house is at 21 degrees and this is being shown on a thermostat by the front door, so not the warmest place. I have a log burner just ticking over in the living room. The exhaust air heat pump has the fans on full so is using lots of power to produce just 38 degrees in the hot water tank, and this is a good performance from the heat pump as this is evening and the last heavy hot water use was 9 hours ago.
I would have been better putting a heat exchanger on the small log burner, the exhaust air heat pumps are a waste of energy.

Check out the moneysavingexpert forum for these, estate in my town have them and are not impressed, massively undersized and using 6kw immersion pretty much 24/7 all social housing running at aroundcÂŁ250-300 a month!!!!!

I have the remains of a couple that were ripped out of a job, yup I agree that they are heavy

Hi,

Any of you guys installed any of these units?

We've installed around 100+ of them, personally I think they are a very good unit. The only problem with them is the size and weight!

Cheers

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nibe Fighter Exhaust Air Heat Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently returned to the industry and have applied to Octopus for the upskill role into air-source heat space installs. Does anyone work for them on here? Just wondered what people's thoughts were on them as a company and if anyone is fitting air source what they think of this...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock