Search the forum,

Discuss Next best alternative to snickers trousers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Evening all,

Sorry if it’s an age all question..... but the price of black canvas holster snickers are getting stupid. Yes, I have bought others brands in the past, but the fitment is perfect and allow for good positioning, also good mobility.

Lidl or Aldi , you decide .
TBH I started off with snickers but quickly moved away when they badly shrank.

Turns out the labels display wash temp in Fahrenheit not centigrade - wtf! Took months to get new ones out of em but never an apology.

Moved away to £15 a pair jobs. Although not as 'nice', I could buy 4 pairs for one snickers so a no brainer.

dickies Eisenhowers

Yes it’s a sad day when they switch over, mind you at 46 years old I’m glad my age is larger than my waist - the few contemporaries of mine for whom this is not the case don’t look good!

Speaking of which. How are things?

Thanks for asking Wayne.

Hmm. It's early days so cannot be certain but it would appear the bloke is simply a rich control freak who spouts far more than he really knows or (touching wood & fingers crossed) can deliver.

We have had loads more threats about what he's going to do but as he threatens they seem to get increasingly desperate. The last one was him calling one of our manufactures and 'telling' them they should sue us for payment of an outstanding invoice. He pi55ed them off so much the MD immediately called me from holiday in the US to tell me he's deferring our debt till whenever I wanted in order to support TM rather than this clown. Clown shot both his own feet off with that single act.

Fact is we're simply getting on with growing the business. However, in the background we've now built the basis of a legal case against him ready to wheel it out as required. :)

My mojo is back and I'm no longer wandering around with that feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach 24/7. It's onwards & upwards :rolleyes:

Glad you're on the mend Dave and covering your back mate , sure this clown will screw up.
I buy the Dunlop work trousers from sports direct or Dewalt ones from B&Q . Kop

Just wanted to say thank you to EVERYONE on UKPF. The support we've received has been very humbling. It makes you realise that proper humanity is alive and kicking ar5e here...

Thank you. o_Oo_Oo_O

Thanks for asking Wayne.

Hmm. It's early days so cannot be certain but it would appear the bloke is simply a rich control freak who spouts far more than he really knows or (touching wood & fingers crossed) can deliver.

We have had loads more threats about what he's going to do but as he threatens they seem to get increasingly desperate. The last one was him calling one of our manufactures and 'telling' them they should sue us for payment of an outstanding invoice. He pi55ed them off so much the MD immediately called me from holiday in the US to tell me he's deferring our debt till whenever I wanted in order to support TM rather than this clown. Clown shot both his own feet off with that single act.

Fact is we're simply getting on with growing the business. However, in the background we've now built the basis of a legal case against him ready to wheel it out as required. :)

My mojo is back and I'm no longer wandering around with that feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach 24/7. It's onwards & upwards :rolleyes:
Glad to here it mate.

When I first started out I shadowed a guy who was morbidly obese (although these days he is thin and one of those rare people to lose weight and keep it off for years) and I remember seeing him sweating and puffing and trying to squeeze under a kitchen sink and thinking "Jesus he is fat."

Then I noticed he had a Snickers belt. I'd never heard of the brand of tradesmen's work gear at that point. I honestly presumed he'd collected like 200 chocolate bar wrappers and sent off for a belt.

Evening all,

Sorry if it’s an age all question... but the price of black canvas holster snickers are getting stupid. Yes, I have bought others brands in the past, but the fitment is perfect and allow for good positioning, also good mobility.

Invested in Engelbert Strauss 2020 at beginning of year, great pants but not cheap, about £50/pr. (don't have holster pockets, but loads of others).

dickies Eisenhowers

Got a couple of prs of these as well, they're good

When I realised I had no real need for extra pockets other than your standard two front and two back you get on all trousers and that my conditions for work very rarely involved building site/hazardours conditions requiring thick material protection I started just buying pairs of whatever fitted well and was comfortable (usually meaning softer, thinner and more flexible/stretchy than tradesemen trousers) that I could find for £20 at T K Maxx. Never going back to heavy, thick tradesemen's trousers again. They also fit better over trainers as I don't wear boots.

When I realised I had no real need for extra pockets other than your standard two front and two back you get on all trousers and that my conditions for work very rarely involved building site/hazardours conditions requiring thick material protection I started just buying pairs of whatever fitted well and was comfortable (usually meaning softer, thinner and more flexible/stretchy than tradesemen trousers) that I could find for £20 at T K Maxx. Never going back to heavy, thick tradesemen's trousers again. They also fit better over trainers as I don't wear boots.

What about knee pads I couldn't work without knee pads or use those with a strap behind the knee.

Where do you put your gloves and keys?

Don't use kneepads, do have kneel mat but rarely use it for I am dumb/foolhardy.
Don't wear gloves. Keys go in my pocket. Of which my trouser have several fitted as standard.

Reply to Next best alternative to snickers trousers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock