Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie on the block :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ZM8

Gas Engineer
Hi all. So I've registered here to seek a bit of guidance from the seasoned pros :D

I've done my cenwat and htr courses recently but been installing gas cooking appliance for a company (around 2 years now).
I'm trying to get a job in boiler servicing (then repairs later on) and keep bumping into the "catch 22". You need experience to get the job, but you need a job to get the experience.

What are your thoughts/advices/experiences on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Top right hand corner. Click on the search bar and go from there. Plenty of advice already on the site. You just need to have a quick search for it.

Top right hand corner. Click on the search bar and go from there. Plenty of advice already on the site. You just need to have a quick search for it.

Thanks for the tip. I did a little search but some of the posts are 4-5 years old. I was hoping for someone's more recent experience or thoughts on this...

what about the man your currently working with?

I'm working for a large company who does gas (and electric) cooking appliance installations. So unfortunately I don't have direct contact with boiler engineers in my work place. I've been searching, calling agencies and companies with not much luck...

Hello and welcome

And other than finding a guy maybe weekend / if your off in the weekday to do a bit of servicing with etc

Reply to Newbie on the block :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock