Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie needing advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me with my situation.I am 47 years young and a couple of years ago I decided that I would go to college to gain the qualifications to pursue a career change into the plumbing sector.In the two years I spent at college I gained both level 2 and level 3 diplomas but since then I seem to have hit a bit of a wall, as many companies don't seem keen on taking on a mature apprentice, my long term goals are to complete the portfolio side of my plumbing quals and then do gas training.Any advice would be really appreciated I am in the Manchester area.Sorry for the long post , I just wanted to give a brief back ground.cheers

You might need to offer to work for free to get your portfolio completed, which I know isn't ideal. As much as people won't admit it, yes your age will go against you sadly, you are a lot more expensive to an employer. Are you working at the moment?

Get in touch with as many companies as possible and just tell them your situation. The word 'free' will hopefully get some positive responses, if that's something you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie needing advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock