Search the forum,

Discuss Newb desparate for help with soldering copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When soldering, you can't overheat a joint. I'll get stick for this but I have proof ;)

Yes you can. Heating copper pipe and then rapid quenching will make the copper soft as butter. Try this. Heat copper pipe to cherry red the quench in cold water. Now try to bend. It be bends like rubber. Now beat with a hammer. Now try and bend. Copper work hardens.

sod it use plastic lol.

btw, i would prefer using plasic until after it comes out out of the ground!!

think the op,s basic issue is to much heat and trying to solder with water in the pipework,basic errors,needs to practice on some scrap copper IMHO,whats that plastic solvent welded stuff in the floor? with blue gunk

think the op,s basic issue is to much heat and trying to solder with water in the pipework,basic errors,needs to practice on some scrap copper IMHO,whats that plastic solvent welded stuff in the floor? with blue gunk
American solvent glue has colour in it so you can see where it has been applied. The pipe is some kind of pressurized solvent weld water supply service. Like a modern durapipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newb desparate for help with soldering copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm a complete notice and I working on my heatings motorised valves on my S plan system. I was modifying the system to add an arrester. Long story short, I made a bodge of the soldering due to persistent tiny water dribbling in the pipe being soldered which I overlooked despite the system being...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
I want to solder a 15mm end-feed elbow onto a straight run of pipe to join it up to a radiator. I've cut the existing pipe run just a fraction too short to come straight up to hit the radiator valve, but I'm hoping it could still work... How important is it that the copper pipe is pushed all...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace existing outside ball valve, but I am having trouble figuring out if the existing pipe is pvc or cpvc. The existing pipe is 27 years old and is labeled ASTM D 2846 Flowguard Gold. Any help would be very appreciated.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock