Search the forum,

Discuss New worcester oil boiler issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So I'm pretty handy when it comes to boilers I would never touch gas but replaced most things on my old camray myself with little trouble I grew up with an oil boiler so I know my way around them quite well. I am normally quick to diagnose and resolve issues without assistance.

So I finally had the camray replaced as I wanted it moved outside and had a Worcester heatslave 2 installed outside heating flushed and magnetic filter installed about 6 months ago.
Since then on 6 occasions now it has stopped working no heating no hot water when I check boiler all lights are on but nothings happening no errorcodes. Sounds like its still pumping the water round the rads but with no heat. Press reset once or twice and up it fires there were no power cuts or similaritys between this 6 occasions I'm perplexed. The pressure does seem to jump a bit when I press reset but not outside normal range just drops below 1bar then up to 1.5 and back down.

I have warranty from the installer but they have to travel along way wondered if anyone has any ideas?

Just such a pain coz it's outside and a pain to open up especially in the cold!

Last edited:
Hi Jake
Like the other reply said, contact the original installer.
These new generation W-B Heatslaves now share many components from their gas range.
This includes a digital control panel, which gives a series of fault codes. Meaning if you have the relevant info, fault finding is vastly simplified.
Call your installer, they may even pass it on to Worcester.
Please inform us, how you get on.

Agree completely with all the above replies.
You have a warranty with your installer and with Worcester, so get it sorted.
Note that you (or your installer) could just contact Worcester to come out, but if the fault is caused by something other than the boiler, or faulty install, then Worcester could charge you.
You really shouldn’t work on your boiler except know how to restart it after running out of oil.

If you are pressing lockout reset on burner, then the burner is failing at times, nothing else.

Wasn't planning to do anything myself as boiler is new and warranty will be invalidated was mainly wondering if anyone had experienced similar problems on a new boiler on old system.
Don't want to call him out just to find out burner shuts down bcoz of an airlock in the pump or block in the magnetic filter or something that can be solved simply though it'd be a stupid design if a heating system problem caused your hot water to go off as well but you never know with this energy efficient tech now days.
I'm pressing the reset button on the internal controller panel not the one down on the burner btw.
Well thanks anyway I'll call the fitter back out I guess wish I had just stuck with the old boiler or got a secondhand external they don't make things like they used to!

Wasn't planning to do anything myself as boiler is new and warranty will be invalidated was mainly wondering if anyone had experienced similar problems on a new boiler on old system.
Don't want to call him out just to find out burner shuts down bcoz of an airlock in the pump or block in the magnetic filter or something that can be solved simply though it'd be a stupid design if a heating system problem caused your hot water to go off as well but you never know with this energy efficient tech now days.
I'm pressing the reset button on the internal controller panel not the one down on the burner btw.
Well thanks anyway I'll call the fitter back out I guess wish I had just stuck with the old boiler or got a secondhand external they don't make things like they used to!

But what reset are you pressing?
There is a flue overheat reset button, for example.
It would indicate that particular fault and could be due to boiler running too powerful or sooting.
Or there are other reset buttons

That's a good question!
It has a master reset on the pullout control panel which resets boiler completely including burner you make a good point there if it happens again I will try resetting the burner separately see if that resolves the issue will help to narrow down the problem.
It has a lockout indicator on the control panel which is not comming on when the problem occurs.
Boiler guy is coming but will be a couple of weeks he is over 200miles away and with no errorcodes and the problem only occurring every few weeks I want to try and narrow it down as much as possible for him.

I’m guessing eco deal / install ?

Good luck in getting them back it’s going to be hard I think

Thanks.. they have agreed to come they based in Scotland so alot of there work is down here the other side of the border anyway that's why they said two weeks because it's not urgent and they will be in the area anyway that week.
What about worcester warranty if they get nowhere I think a Worcester engineer will probably be better at diagnosing the problem. Anyone have experience with calling them out to faulty installs under warranty?

Ah the famous two weeks. Don't hold your breath. Sounds like maybe overheat, could be linked to install rather than boiler.
To be honest I would expect it to not be boiler related. If you call Worcester it will probably cost you.

Number of customers who have had eco installs and the installation company won't come back. They might have got a free boiler but they are now on my higher pricing structure.

Hope you get it sorted.

Lol far from free still over £1500 for me but still over £1000 cheaper than the boiler alone and plus they moved it outside we'll see whether they turn up..
Overheat might be a good guess mostly happens during the day when doors have been open alot and not happened on a warm day yet so maybe overheating when it's chugging away at full power for long periods.

Three things I would check without interfering with the boiler, check the room and HW cylinder thermostat's to make sure they are not on permanently or set too high and see if this cures the problem, if not check to see if the boiler has a "Test" or "Engineer" switch, if its "on" turn it "off", do not turn it on if its off already.

Reply to New worcester oil boiler issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock