Search the forum,

Discuss New Wc soil pipe run and regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We are installing a new ensuite on the top floor of a victorian terrace. Soil stack is to the rear and we need a 11-12 meter horizontal run with two vertical drops. I understand the fall required for the horiztonak run, I just need to know if I need to add a top vent- see picture
Or can I get away with a durgo valve at the top?
Happy to run either.
Excuse the rushed drawing!

I need an expert!

C9C5EAA9-C89D-449F-89AB-03BE9B48248C.jpeg

You will struggle with those lengths. Usually about 7 to 8 m is kind of tolerable . You will likely have to get that signed off by local building authority as a new ensuite would be notifiable

Cant you go straight down and put in a couple of inspection chambers and then link to the existing, thats going to really ugly and a right bugger to rod if you have any issues.

I can’t help but think that the water is going to get away and leave the nasty in the second horizontal

BCO will want it roddable as above, you might get away with a durgo, but a properly fitted open vent gives a better result in the long run. If you're keeping the place I'd suggest open vent.

Also as mentioned this is a notifiable install so please do it for your own house and home insurance sake

Reply to New Wc soil pipe run and regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock