Search the forum,

Discuss New Trades Career Training Centre - Experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have just had the most fantastic week at the training centre. The tutors were really helpful and have such great knowledge. I cannot recommend this training enough. Totally awesome experience.

I have just had the most fantastic week at the training centre. The tutors were really helpful and have such great knowledge. I cannot recommend this training enough. Totally awesome experience.
Hi Paul, can you tell me more please. Where is this establishment and what did you do there are many who look on here asking answers to questions you have just written about . Thank you Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hi Paul, can you tell me more please. Where is this establishment and what did you do there are many who look on here asking answers to questions you have just written about . Thank you Rob Foster aka centralheatking
I'm with New Trades Career. I'm doing the 6035 level 2. Getting on really well ill keep you updated. Tutors are great, there jokes no so great.

Despite what a lot of peeps think on here there are some great training centres around with tutors who have a passion for teaching, god knows they don't do it for the money (full teaching Quals, including A1 will get you 34k tops) trouble is there is just not enough of them. I must have had 15 emails for positions up & down the county in the last few days.

Good luck with the training Paul, hope it all goes to plan. What do you intend to do with your 6035 L2 if you get it?
BTW, what is the name of this fantastic centre you are attending?

Good luck with the training Paul, hope it all goes to plan. What do you intend to do with your 6035 L2 if you get it?
BTW, what is the name of this fantastic centre you are attending?
As I asked ages ago where is this young engineer getting his training , I would like to know
API 2006 , Rob Foster aka centralheatking

we have some spare funding next year , waste it on income tax or invest it in our future engineers ,,more info required
Please

Paul, would the surname "Green" be the same Green as in the green360careers.co.uk Could it be ???????

And when you state "All courses lead to industry recognised qualifications" you can't be talking about the 6035 Level 2 can you? cos that is not recognised by anyone in the industry after employing a Plumber as it is just a piece of paper NOT an NVQ showing site based skills.

You know that feeling when you quickly go off someone just after you have been introduced, well I just got it :(:confused::eek:

I'm training with new trades career aswell. I've only done two weeks, but really enjoyed it so far. Having not been in an education environment for a long time, I was worried how much id take in, but so far so good. The tutors have been great, importantly for me, patient. Hopefully it wont be too long till I'm in a position where I will be earning some money on the tools, I've already started looking at websites and business cards for when I'm qualified

Andy

I'm training with new trades career aswell. I've only done two weeks, but really enjoyed it so far. Having not been in an education environment for a long time, I was worried how much id take in, but so far so good. The tutors have been great, importantly for me, patient. Hopefully it wont be too long till I'm in a position where I will be earning some money on the tools, I've already started looking at websites and business cards for when I'm qualified
Andy
Don't get your hopes up Andy, why do you think a Plumbing Apprenticeship lasts 4 years ?
If you are doing the C&G 6035, unfortunate in the eyes of the industry you will not be qualified.

Hi Chris, you’ve got me a bit worried thier!
I don’t think anybody’s saying that a 6035 level 2 is the be all and end all of plumbing but surely it’s the start of the route .

The first foot step is the start of any great journey, so said the great man.

The problem may be if you believe that obtaining a C&G 6035 diploma will gain you employment as a plumber.
Employers will require an NVQ i.e. some kind of proof the you can "walk the walk" not just "talk to talk".

I'll be working towards my NVQ L2 once I pass my 6035 L2. Hopefully I'll be competent enough to walk the walk as you say by then Chris :)

Try to get experience with a company, and definately experience as thats what really matters. I have seen lots of people with lvl2 technical cert, but couldn't find experience for NVQ, so ended up in office work, retail etc.

Do you have work lined up?? That’s the difficult bit

Hi Chris, you’ve got me a bit worried thier!
I don’t think anybody’s saying that a 6035 level 2 is the be all and end all of plumbing but surely it’s the start of the rout

Do you have work lined up?? That’s the difficult bit
I have a couple of Sparky friends/fam that said they may be able to put me in touch with some plumbers once I get a little further in the course. Hopefully come January I'll be in a better position, timewise, to start getting some hands on experience (Xmas run in at work now).

Dont know if it’s relevant but it’s worth a mention, I’m studying at south west construction academy Bristol for my plumbing and heating diploma. For the NVQ the academy will provide A qualified plumber on weekends for a fee but the academy has been great so far I would recomend them.

Reply to New Trades Career Training Centre - Experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock