Search the forum,

Discuss New to the industry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NHPlumber

Hi I have just started a SVQ Level 3 in plumbing in Glasgow

Any advice on where to start with regards to getting tools - I am hoping to slowly build up my own collection so that I can gradually add, but not sure exactly where to start ?

is it worthwhile buying cheaper options to begin with and eventually get more expensive tools?

thanks

Nadeem

here's what I started with Clarke 10 and 12 inch adjustable rothenberger 10 inch grips 15 22 pipeslice also rothenberger a decent set of screwdrivers and a superfire 2 plus the usual tape measure hammer that would get you on but soon after you will need a SDS and a cordless

here's what I started with Clarke 10 and 12 inch adjustable rothenberger 10 inch grips 15 22 pipeslice also rothenberger a decent set of screwdrivers and a superfire 2 plus the usual tape measure hammer that would get you on but soon after you will need a SDS and a cordless

Sounds good! Thanks!

Bahco wide opening adjustables, Irwin grips. Try and buy the best you can afford, some of my tools are 15 years old and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New to the industry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
B
I have recently qualified level 2 Plumbing & Heating and am looking for work as e.g. plumbers mate to build up experience. I am 28, full UK driving licence with my own van and most tools. Working alongside an experienced plumber would be great. I live in the Castle Point area in Essex. Looking...
Replies
Views
Hi Lou, Recently retired last July, sold my house and moved to Tamworth to be with the wife full time. So not retired as I’m married. Lol. Served my time in the 70’s as a pipe fitter/welder , also covered heating at college but so much has changed since then. Extensive experience on industrial...
Replies
Views
I live most of the year on a tiny Caribbean island with no mains water. I collect rain in a 25,000 gallon cistern which is then pumped to the taps. But the house is build against a hill top. My water system is as illustrated below enabling the domestic water and garden irrigation to be served...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock