Search the forum,

Discuss New system from scratch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Hopefully will be moving into a new 3 bed semi approx 60’s build. It currently has only storage heaters and Gas main yet to be installed!!

Looking for a bit of a steer towards what type of boiler/system would be best for now and future proof for future expansion. Will be probably 7/8 radiators & 1 towel rail. Only 1 shower/bath to be added in future as will make do with newish electric one for time being and may be an extra bedroom and extension in a few years.

Just looking for some basic pointers so I’m not on the back foot when I’m getting quotes in.

Any more info you need just let me know.

Cheers

A combi boiler with a magnetic filter, limescale fighter, shock arrestor and goof controls

or

A boiler and unvented hot water cylinder if you have the budget and space

A combi boiler with a magnetic filter, limescale fighter, shock arrestor and goof controls

or

A boiler and unvented hot water cylinder if you have the budget and space

I was looking more towards the combi to be fair and spending a bit more on thermostat and controls.

Another question and I know it can split opinions...

Copper or plastic for the pipe work?

I was looking more towards the combi to be fair and spending a bit more on thermostat and controls.

I would suggest manufacturers own controls with load compensation and also weather compensation.

Copper if you have the budget but there is nothing wrong with plastic if fitted and tested properly. Just because its flexible and you can chuck it in, doesnt make it right

If you looking to stay in the property for more than three years, only use copper or MLCP. If you use std plastic you're building in a whole load of ****.

Reply to New system from scratch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We're looking at a new boiler system from regular to combi because we would like to use the space where the hot water cylinder currently sits. We have a large 3 bed semi and have an ancient 18kw Potterton boiler with 7 radiators in the house. Heat loss calculations not yet completed. We've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that we're turning into a guesthouse. The property was built in the 1970's or so and has an oil fired boiler with a standard copper cylinder. As far as I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock