Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

New soil pipe dilemma

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by Oj01, Jan 3, 2019.

Discuss New soil pipe dilemma in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Oj01

Oj01 New Member

Hi,
    Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to do things with a new soil pipe, apologies if its not complexity clear what im trying to do but i'll do my best to explain. The current layout is this:

Original.PNG

I need to move the soil pipe to the side of the house for the new bathroom and for the new downstairs toilet. However to save cost I would like to reuse the existing sewer pipe. The issue is how best to connect the vertical soil pipe to the horizontal underground pipe, as i see it there are two options:
    option 1.PNG
    Or:
    Option 2.PNG

My concern is clogging where the vertical pipe meets the horizontal pipe from the downstairs toilet. What would people recommend?

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Get building control involved early as it will be down to them, no matter what anybody else recommends.

I just ask them now how they want it and follow there advise. Puts you in a good position as works progress.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

The top one will be better keep away from the house to avoid the footings and any other services as above building control will need to pay you a visit . Cheers Kop