Search the forum,

Discuss New soil pipe dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to do things with a new soil pipe, apologies if its not complexity clear what im trying to do but i'll do my best to explain. The current layout is this:

Original.PNG

I need to move the soil pipe to the side of the house for the new bathroom and for the new downstairs toilet. However to save cost I would like to reuse the existing sewer pipe. The issue is how best to connect the vertical soil pipe to the horizontal underground pipe, as i see it there are two options:
option 1.PNG

Or:
Option 2.PNG

My concern is clogging where the vertical pipe meets the horizontal pipe from the downstairs toilet. What would people recommend?

The top one will be better keep away from the house to avoid the footings and any other services as above building control will need to pay you a visit . Cheers Kop

Reply to New soil pipe dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock