Search the forum,

Discuss New Rothernberger super fire 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone first post on here as I couldn't find an answer anywhere!

I recently had all my tools stolen from our works site boxes anyway long story short I lost everything including my old soldering torch which I bought abt 4-5 years ago , also a rothernberger super fire 2, after using it today the tip of the torch would get red hot which my old one never used to do. It seems like the flame is starting right at the base of the tip? I asked some of the lads at work and they said their new ones did the same. Have rothernberger changed the design or did I just get lucky with my old torch?

Cheers

Harry

With a turbine style tip they all do it so you can now effectively use any part of the flame.

mine dose that too, its worse with map, but i use butane most of the time

My Surefire 2 doesn't do that unless I have the flame turned down low. But mine is a lot of years old now

Thanks guys glad it's not just me damn I miss my old torch!

got told theres two types one with a floating head (doesnt get warm) and one with a normal head

floating

rothenberger-Super-fire-2-brazing-and-soldering-torch.jpg

normal

413_0340-2.jpg

which type you got (now this might be all bull heard it from the roth rep and havent tested it just incase)

got told theres two types one with a floating head (doesnt get warm) and one with a normal head

floating

rothenberger-Super-fire-2-brazing-and-soldering-torch.jpg

normal

413_0340-2.jpg

which type you got (now this might be all bull heard it from the roth rep and havent tested it just incase)

Funnily enough you do get two heads when you replace them, both in same pack

I have the floating style one. Never seen the other head!

My mate had the newer style one, I only borrowed it for 1 day, the tip also glowed red hot... The tip must have been bloody hot as it burned a hole through the dust sheet & the ladies carpet!!!! Boss had to pay a few hundred for a new fitted carpet so watch out on the glowing tip lol!!

well from the pictures both my torches looked like the top one the super fire 2. As you said the flame used to float above the tip but the new one makes the tip glow red hot?? would be interesting to know if anything has changed during manufacture or dodgy batch? I don't know

Harry

the top one is the standard head you get on the SF2 and the bottom one is the swirl tip jobbie isn't it that comes on the bernzomatic branded version (TS4000? maybe)

I use the golder one. I call it a pencil tip and it doesn't get hot. Handy because you never know when you may mislay it and through the dust sheet it goes...

They used to do a smaller tip pencil type but they call it something else now. Always change to brass one its smaller. Kit comes with jet. You are lucky to see a r rep they never return my calls or emails.

the tips on any torch should not get very hot, the flame is designed to be outside of the torch, if its glowing hot then your torch is not adjusted correctly.

when the bernzomatics were all on sale in the uk you could get alot of different tips/ torches. the rottenberger copys only come in a few models.

Last edited:
the tips on any torch should not get very hot, the flame is designed to be outside of the torch, if its glowing hot then your torch is not adjusted correctly.

when the bernzomatics were all on sale in the uk you could get alot of different tips/ torches. the rottenberger copys only come in a few models.
The turbo torch nozzles all get red hot

i had a turbo torch extreeme which got red hot but that was because it was adjusted incorrectly on my part.

These types of torches are for brazing and soldering larger pipework, if you have to turn the flame down low enough to make the end go red you need a smaller torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Rothernberger super fire 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock