Search the forum,

Discuss New registration on Gas Safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisplumb

Just passed my CCN1 with 4 appliances, had a problem getting hold of Gas Safe so I just went to thier headquaters which is in my home town, very helpful but realised I had to pay a new registration fee (for the gas safe inspector to check my work) and a normal registration fee as well when i finish my 3 month probationary period, just to make you aware as i was suprised by this.:(

Typical, my mate called them on wednesday. They told him £420ish which included first registration and 1 years membership.

Checked up with Gas Safe. They said £419.75 for 1st new registration which includes your first year then £175.95 per annum therafter. Both figures include VAT

Checked up with Gas Safe. They said £419.75 for 1st new registration which includes your first year then £175.95 per annum therafter. Both figures include VAT

cheers Dave, more money to pay out & I still can't touch gas yet until BPEC sort it out with Gas Safe!:mad:

Hi Folks

When you think about it these Capita people are nothing more than parasites feeding off
the tradesman,

its not just us who get screwed my wife's an nhs nurse and has to pay annual registration. Suppose paying a fee alllows us to be called professional!!!

Do we need gas safe/ ,, what do they do,
Is it compulsary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:

Do we need gas safe/ ,, what do they do,
Is it compulsary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:

the simplest way to put it is that gas safe is the new corgi,

corgi was taken over by capita who decided to change the name "corgi" to "gas safe".

so if ya wanna do gas work you have to be on the gas safe register.

I think there is something fishy going on and it stinks of interdepartmental and government back handers, I have a letter in front of me stating the name of the chief executive officer for the gas safe register, it does seem awfully familier to me. Peter Eldridge, wasnt he something in Corgi once

The initial team that capita put together to manage the bid and run up to the change over were mainly ex corgi guys that were fed up with the direction that corgi was taking. A lot of the existing corgi employees were transferred over to Gas Safe Register under TUPE.

Mike

The intersting thing to know is who got the the back handers I may have route around and see what I can dig up
regards
Mike

chris, please explain exactly how much you have paid.

links to your own personal website need to be posted on different forum.

many thanks.
shaun

the simplest way to put it is that gas safe is the new corgi,

corgi was taken over by capita who decided to change the name "corgi" to "gas safe".

so if ya wanna do gas work you have to be on the gas safe register.

Corgi was not taken over by capita,Corgi lost the Government license to operate the gas operatives register, which was won by Capita
In an ideal world capita would have continued running the register under the 'corgi' logo, however this logo is owned by a private company, a government 'cock up' when the register was set up and British Gas privatized
As the 'Corgi logo' has commercial valve with everyone still relating it to gas safety, the company would not give the logo up to the government without considerable compensation which the government would not consider
Therefore the government came up with 'Gas Safe' and it's new logo and registered the name and logo to themselves and issued the license to Capita to run the register through the gas safe Brand
This ensures continuity in the future as if and when capita lose the license to another company, the new company will run the register through the same government owned 'gas safe logo'

With regard to a lot of the old Corgi employees in the new gas safe set up, this you would expect, the old corgi fundamentally did a good job, the trouble was that it decided to diversify too much, having corgi reg plumbers, electricians.This confused the public about the corgi brand and I think the health and safety dept

The issue of an extra charge for first registration at first seems unjust, as you could say 'I have proved myself by passing the necessary qualifications, therefore legally I have the right to join, this further inspection is just not needed or they are expected to inspect us at a regular interval anywhy, so should be just included in normal cost
However my view on this changed a few years ago (am getting old so probably more than a few years ago ):)
It is very important all new members have there work inspected, this is because the Qualifications certificates are not the main safety requirement in my opinion, experience and confidence to carry out works, application to put regulations into effect through safe installations is just as important
If you asked me what ingrediance was in your favorite meal? I could go to a cook book and find out, answer a few (well lots now) multipul choice questions (especially when you can have a couple of goes)and do a little fault finding to see what ingrediance should not be there but then ask me to cook it and I think you would be ringing for a take away :)
Wake up!wake up!,thats my first post completed .....:D

Last edited by a moderator:
H Puddle
nice first post, so do you know who got the back handers so capita could run gas safe?
regards
Mike

Hi try this number.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gumtree.com%2Flondon%2F26%2F38328126.htmlLocation%3A"]Plumbing, Central Heating, Building All areas covered Plumbing[/DLMURL] All areas covered

A-Z BUILDERS & PLUMBERS LTD

Gas Safe Registered No. 209738

We offer the best services to meet all your plumbing needs both domestic and commercial at reasonable prices. We offer boiler servicing, repairs & replacement (any make), Central Heating, installation of bathroom suite and fitted showers, tanks, cylinders, burst pipes, drainage, leaks, kitchens, tiling, pumps, painting and decorating, blockages and all aspect of Plumbing and Heating, including Gas Safe Register Certificate.

Our engineers are professional and Gas Safe registered who are fully experienced. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do contact us on theses telephone numbers: -

TEL: 0800 975 5917
TEL: 0208 887 6546
MOB: 07956 257 498
E: [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=mailto%3Aazplumbers%40aol.com"][email protected][/DLMURL]
W: a2zboilers.co.uk

FULLY INSURED
NO CALL OUT CHARGE
ALL AREAS COVERED

Last edited by a moderator:
Well finally got my Gas Safe number, it did cost me £419.00 for new registration & yearly membership!
Its taken a while to get sorted & the only reason I have got it now is because I actually went into the Gas Safe head office, which is in my home town, and managed to speak to someone who chased it up with BPEC, who had no recollection of my certificate. The person at Gas Safe sorted it all within 2 days!
:rolleyes::):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New registration on Gas Safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved back we have no hot water. British gas came for 5 hours on saturday and replaced every single part of the boiler to do with the hot water as well as the...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hi Guys - sorry but this is going to be a long post! Recently had some work done in my house to move a boiler, clean cold water tank and pressurize central heating system - this was done by a gas safe registered engineer. Another plumber has come over to do other work in the house and he has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the process of refurbishing a storey semi-detached house in London, UK. This is a complete refurb, including new pipes chased into walls, under the floors, installing a new boiler and new unvented cylinder. When I started the work, my builder assured me that he has a gas...
Replies
Views
The management company for my block of flats flushed an external pipe the other day and it forced all the debris into the waste pipe for my washing machine (which my condense pipe also goes in to) [ and into my condense pipe also. The boiler makes a gurgling sound when you turn it on so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had to report a father and son business to gas safe due to a shoddy gas boiler installation job. They have been issued with a deadline by gas safe to rectify defects identified in the inspectors report. The business have shown a clear disregard of the notice severed to them by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock