Search the forum,

Discuss New radiator position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasikahlon

We live in an old terrace house with a garage on the lower ground floor. The open plan kitchen and dining room are directly above the garage which is unheated and cold. We find it difficult to keep the kitchen warm because of the cold draught coming from the garage below. We don't have the space to add another rad in the kitchen, so I'm thinking it maybe best to put a new rad in the garage below. We boarded up the garage door (not in use anymore) and I got a long 2000 x 400 radiator. I am going to fit the rad over the boarded garage door and my question is how effective it will be (helping warming up the kitchen above) if it was fitted on high level?

Insulate the garage ceiling and walls, otherwise you may as well burn money. Then think about adding a radiator.

You need to spend money insulating garage, radiator wont make much difference, do garage roof then fit kick-space heater under units, if possible run pipes B4 you do ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New radiator position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock