Search the forum,

Discuss New Radiator issue cold from bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i am wondering if I can get some advice please? I have moved into a new house a few months back. We had a single panel radiator which wasn't giving much heat so i decided to change it to a type 22 radiator. I bought a new 1600x500 kudox radiator with new trv and lockshield but the new radiator is cold from bottom and hot from top.

I have tried bleeding it and balancing it but no luck. I turned all the radiators off except the new one and turned the heating on. The boiler made loud grining noise and I could also hear lot of noise coming out the radiator. But the bottom of radiator did get a bit warm.

So about 20 mins later when i opened the bathroom towel rail, the boiler started behaving normally. So now i am very much confused and thinking whether the new radiator faulty? Or there is a bloackage in the pipe for that specific radiator? All other radiators in the house are burning hot from top till bottom.

What can I do now? Any advice please is welcome. Thanks

Oh and the trv and ther other valve is fully open.

Did you replace both valves with new valves or use the existing vavles?
Sounds like there is a blockage in the pipe or a sticking thermostatic valve

Was the old rad the same length?
What size pipework is the radiator Fed by?
Copper or plastic?

I replaced both valves with new ones.

The old radiator was an old 2400x400 single panel. I replaced with 1800x500 type 22. Copper pipe work. I am planning to put fernox cleaner in the system for a week to see if there is anything clogged up and advice on putting a magnafilter after the clean up. Should i put one and which one?

Thanks

Reply to New Radiator issue cold from bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock